E55 with same engine as a Zonda!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hmmm. Written by a bit of a donkey this ad.
"THE SAME ENGINE AS IN A ZONDA ! (with a bit of tweeking, lol). "

lol indeed. How amusing. A Zonda has a 7-litre AMG sourced V12, not a 5.5 litre supercharged V8.

"TEST DRIVERS WELCOME (via email) " How do you test drive a car via email?

The E55 made £12 600 at auction. The seller was previously offered £13 500 but turned it down hoping it would reach his expected £15 500. Ooops:eek:

I think...

lol indeed. How amusing. A Zonda has a 7-litre AMG sourced V12, not a 5.5 litre supercharged V8.

Timk,

I think he was referring to the engine power and not the displacement of the engine. HTH

Don't think he was personally ....

'THE SAME ENGINE' suggests that he thinks it is 'THE SAME ENGINE'

It's not even the same power , the Zonda is 600bhp + ...

Strikes me as someone who doesn't really know what he is talking about and is trying to flannel prospective buyers with nonsense.

Not all Zonda's are 600bhp+

Don't think he was personally ....

'THE SAME ENGINE' suggests that he thinks it is 'THE SAME ENGINE'

It's not even the same power , the Zonda is 600bhp + ...

Strikes me as someone who doesn't really know what he is talking about and is trying to flannel prospective buyers with nonsense.

Not all Zonda's are 600bhp+, the early models started with just over 400bhp.

The C12 debuted at the 1999 Geneva Motor Show. It was powered by a model 190.3344 L 5,987 cc (365 cu in) Mercedes-Benz M120 V12 engine and could reach speeds of 206 mph (332 km/h). The engine produces 408 PS (300 kW; 402 hp) at 5200 rpm and 421 lb·ft (571 N·m) at 3800 rpm.

The C12 S uses a 7,010 cc (428 cu in) AMG–tuned version of the engine producing 550 PS (400 kW; 540 hp). It can accelerate to 60 mph (97 km/h) in 3.7 secs, to 100 mph (160 km/h) in 7.5 secs and complete the quarter mile in 11.3 secs at 131 mph (211 km/h). Lateral acceleration on the skidpad is 1.18 g (11.6 m/s²), the car is 10 kilograms (22 lb) lighter than the normal Zonda C12, it can reach a top speed of 209 mph (336 km/h), and carries a price tag of US$350,000.
The C12 S features an elongated nose, flaps at the rear for improved aerodynamics, and new light clusters and exhausts. Only fifteen 7.0 L C12 S cars were produced.

Hope that helps.

As your article states , it is powered by a V12 , the E55 , last time i checked was V8 powered , hence is missing four cylinders ...

Still it stands , that he says 'IT IS THE SAME ENGINE' , and it isn't.

I rather suspect that if he had meant it was as powerful as a Zonda , he would have put ' AS POWERFUL AS A ZONDA'

Last edited:
As your article states , it is powered by a V12 , the E55 , last time i checked was V8 powered , hence is missing four cylinders ...

Still it stands , that he says 'IT IS THE SAME ENGINE' , and it isn't.

I rather suspect that if he had meant it was as powerful as a Zonda , he would have put ' AS POWERFUL AS A ZONDA'

Hi Howard, I was replying to the 600bhp+ part in your reply. Not all Zonda's are made equally.

But you do agree that they are all V12 powered , that the E55 is V8 powered , so is not the same engine ?

But you do agree that they are all V12 powered , that the E55 is V8 powered , so is not the same engine ?

Yes, like I said in my original post, I believe he was meant to talk about engine power and not displacement/engine cylinder count. Would you agree that not all Zondas are 600bhp+ ?

Indeed .

But when someone states 'THE SAME ENGINE AS A ZONDA ' that means 'THE SAME ENGINE ' as you would find in a Zonda , ie A V12 , not 'A SIMILAR ENGINE , BUT MISSING 4 CYLINDERS , ABOUT THE SAME POWER OUTPUT AS A MID LEVEL ZONDA '

This could go on forever , and we can split hairs all we want , but i'm sure you know where i am coming from.

Guys, calm down. No need to argue over some d1ckhead, who doesn't even know what he is driving...

the tweeking involves grafting on an extra four cylinders... shouldnt take more than a couple of weekends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom