E55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian Topping

Car
CLK 55 AMG
Hi,

I own and love my w208 CLK55, but the family is getting bigger and I am considering an E55 or E63.

I love the CLK55, but it hurts noticing the rust bubbles even with a lot of continual waxing and general tlc including overnight and weekend garaging.

Please let me know of any known problems with the E55 or E63 plus all the fun in owning such a beast

thanks
Ian

I was looking at the exact same option a few weeks ago - mainly E55 but in the end got a good deal on a 63 - and it is an awesome car. Not driven it much as I spend the week commuting into London on the train, but opened it up a bit last Sunday- and OMG does it pull, especially noticeable in manual! Good hunting.I got it from Greenoaks in Maidenhead - the second-hand site owned by the main Merc dealer in the area. They are offering a 6m warranty from Safe & Sound - I was able to extend this for an extra 18 months for £650 - so now have 2 years. It seems to be comprehensive part from fluids involved in any work - and covers up to the sale price of the car

I looked at an E63 Estate from Greenoaks and there was a silver E63 in the showroom at the time.

Nice guys.

Depending how large your family is then don't forget the CLS55 & 63

The CLS won't be much help as a family car.... definately E Class for family use.

The CLS won't be much help as a family car.... definately E Class for family use.

Well I have no problems with a 6 and 3 year old, if I had another child then agree the CLS would not be practical. The only time I have struggled was on the holiday airport run with 3 suitcases.....but we managed, just. Easy access, have had 2 car seats fitted, still loads of room in the front, I am 6ft 2 so have my seat quite far back, but this never hinders rear space. Admittedly the E is larger, but the CLS is a nicer place to be and looks fresher.

Both great models, but like I said depends on what the OP family requirements are.

Last edited:
Hi,

I own and love my w208 CLK55, but the family is getting bigger and I am considering an E55 or E63.

I love the CLK55, but it hurts noticing the rust bubbles even with a lot of continual waxing and general tlc including overnight and weekend garaging.

Please let me know of any known problems with the E55 or E63 plus all the fun in owning such a beast

thanks
Ian

what years your clk55?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom