E55k battery question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickjonesn4

Car
E55K AMG Wagon, Porsche 993 C2S, Polestar 2
Hi All,

Had the red "visit workshop" with the image of the battery warning pop up a week or so ago. Identified that the aux battery was completely knackered (one of the terminals sheared off when loosening the nut to inspect it!). I've changed the battery, fully charged the main battery (2 years old) and checked the alternator which is fine. Despite all of this the warning light wont go away.

Anything I can do to clear this as my Indy is still closed and its flinking annoying!

Thanks

Nick

Hi All,

Had the red "visit workshop" with the image of the battery warning pop up a week or so ago. Identified that the aux battery was completely knackered (one of the terminals sheared off when loosening the nut to inspect it!). I've changed the battery, fully charged the main battery (2 years old) and checked the alternator which is fine. Despite all of this the warning light wont go away.

Anything I can do to clear this as my Indy is still closed and its flinking annoying!

Assuming batteries and alternator or def. ok.
Have you tried driving the car for a bit to see if this clears the message?

Other than this it is a Star or other reader to look for codes.

Assuming batteries and alternator or def. ok.
Have you tried driving the car for a bit to see if this clears the message?

Other than this it is a Star or other reader to look for codes.

Both batteries are perfect and it came up as good on my battery/alternator tester (which is a decent one)

Driving it does not clear the error?
No annoyingly not, it's a habit my car has.

Bought an OBD reader that should let me clear the code - worth a go

Bought an OBD reader that should let me clear the code - worth a go

What kind?
The cheap generic ones are not really much use, you need a Mercedes specific one or a profeesional/Star system.

See you also flitted from Edinburgh to Fife. :)

Some faults leave the warning light on for five restarts, even if the fault condition has passed. Have you started the energise more than five times yet?

Some faults leave the warning light on for five restarts, even if the fault condition has passed. Have you started the energise more than five times yet?

Probably not - good info!

What kind?
The cheap generic ones are not really much use, you need a Mercedes specific one or a profeesional/Star system.

See you also flitted from Edinburgh to Fife. :)

It worked - will look up the name

Perthshire rather than Fife!

I had a problem on one of my W211s (I think) clearing fault codes with my MB2.0 iCarsoft in Benz mode, but in plain old OBD mode it did the trick. Go figure.

Isn't modern technology wonderful...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom