E55k double pulleys + SC idler Torque settings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogbreath

Car
2005 E55K AMG
Hi
Has anyone got WIS who could find the torque settings for the double pulley and supercharger idler bolts please.... car is a 2005 E55
Thanks in advance
Lee

Hi Lee, Its automatically built into your wrist mate, just tight enough and put a drop of lock tight on the threads, sorted :D

Hi Dave
I think I’ve set my wrist torque wrench too high, I snapped a bolt and I’m fkin gutted with myself
So now I’m missing the run out to the Piebald..... so pissed off with myself mate

Hi
Has anyone got WIS who could find the torque settings for the double pulley and supercharger idler bolts please.... car is a 2005 E55
Thanks in advance
Lee

If by "double pulley", you mean the crankshaft pulley, it's 200Nm (148ft.lbs) + 90 degrees. Sorry to hear you've sheared a bolt, I hope it wasn't the crankshaft pulley bolt.

Also, the crankshaft pulley bolt is a 'torque to yield' bolt, meaning you should not re-use an old one. Yes, a new bolt is pricey (for a bolt) but re-used ones could, err, snap.

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply..
Luckily it’s not the crank pulley
It’s the top double pulley to the left it runs the Serpentine and Supercharger belts.
Lee

Hi Lee, if you have stripped the thread then not a problem you can Helicoil it, because the helicoil tap is larger than the original thread i have some kits let me know how you get on? cheers Dave

Hi Lee, if you have stripped the thread then not a problem you can Helicoil it, because the helicoil tap is larger than the original thread i have some kits let me know how you get on? cheers Dave
Thanks for the offer Dave all sorted now mate
Cheers Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom