[SOLD] E55K ESTATE 54 REG - ONE OF THE BEST!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon1966

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
219 Vito Sport Crew Van
FOR SALE - My much loved S211 E55K Wagon (Sept 2004 / 805 Build).

Putting on the Forum before listing anywhere else as would much prefer it went to a like-minded owner.

This is a pretty well-known and often admired car on this forum and must be one of the best E55K estates in the UK. I am not saying it is the best, but over the years I have seen a fair few and do not think I have seen one as good. OK you will never get to see hundreds as they were not exactly commonplace even when new and are now becoming increasingly rare. Most people say it is ‘mint’, I wouldn’t call it that as there are the odd few small blemishes, but it is in great condition. I think this will be the straightest car around with absolutely NO dents!

I have deliberated and deliberated about the decision to put it up for sale. Everyone is telling me I am making a big mistake in selling it and I haven’t even mentioned it to the 'better half' as she will just start moaning. The reality is though that in the past 4 - 5 years or so I am just not getting the use out of it and would rather someone else got to enjoy it. I have owned the car for over 9 years and it has easily been the best car I have ever owned and the car I have owned the longest. It has always been extremely well cared for during my ownership. I’m finally looking to sell as I want to fund a few small projects in our house and then if there’s enough left at the end I am thinking of getting an older MB and maybe even a project. You may have seen my thread on C36’s and C43’s. Unlike pretty much everyone else the newer MB’s just do not really appeal and I could never see me changing my wagon for anything off the production line since. For me I think it will be a very hard act to follow.

I spent many months back in 2010 looking for my perfect estate. Viewing all E55K estates available at that time (except 2 in Scotland). I finally found this car and have owned it since May 2010. I am the 4th owner. When I bought it, it only had 38K miles on the clock. It has now just turned 92K miles. It has full service history with MB up to 2013 and then with well-regarded Indies since. I also had Tier One Warranty on the car up to 2103 during which time it had 2 new front airmatic struts.

I can honestly say that my car is better in every way now 9 years later than when I bought it. It performs better, drives better, looks better, it’s just better. Only ever been run on Shell VPower fuel during my ownership.

It was fully detailed with paint correction and gtechniq ceramic coating by Ed at Divine Detail in 2014 and a refresher in 2015 (Ed is very highly recommended by the way). This coincided with my usage of the car dropping from every day to rarely, so the paintwork still looks great and really pops in the sunshine.

The interior is also in great condition. Rear seats have hardly been sat on and the driver’s seat does not have any of the usual side bolster wear. The centre armrest is also perfect without the horrible bubbling that often occurs.

Over the years I have owned it, it has had a few modifications. Every modification was always carefully considered, I didn’t just do something for the sake of it or what was on trend at the time. So this is a mildly modified car, but modifications that have made a big difference in the way the car drives. My car is also unique in the modifications that have been carried out and I’m not sure there is another with the same, particularly estates.

The main modifications as follows:
- QUAIFE LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL - 2013
- BMC AIR FILTERS - 2013
- EUROCHARGED CUSTOM DYNO ECU REMAP (By Jerry from Eurocharged) - 2013
- EUROCHARGED 83mm SMALLER CLUTCHED SUPERCHARGER PULLEY - 2013
- I STAGE COOLER SPARK PLUGS - 2013
- EUROCHARGED ENLARGED CAPACITY HEAT EXCHANGER - 2013
- S55 AIR INTAKE TUBE - 2014
- ASP PULLEYS - 2014
- EUROCHARGED TRANSMISSION TCU REMAP - 2014
- MERCEDES C63 REAR EXHAUST BOXES - 2014
- PLM SHORT HEADERS - STAINLESS STEEL (MANIFOLDS) - 2014
- PORTED CYLINDER HEADS - 2015
- MANSORY LEATHER STEERING WHEEL WITH PADDLE SHIFTERS - 2016

Some modifications like the Quaife LSD and larger H/E I would say are pretty essential on these cars. The ported heads, shorty headers, S/C pulley, remap have made a nice improvement to performance while maintaining perfect drivability and reliability.

I have attended several of the group meets, particularly at MSL for the dyno days. The last time my car was on the dyno was in August 2014 at an MSL meet. This was before fitting the ported heads. It achieved 487bhp and 564lb/ft at the wheels, which equates to app 575-600bhp and 665-694lb/ft at the crank depending on equations used. It is a very healthy car and on the day achieved the best dyno figures for similarly modded cars, some of that being down to the shorty headers. I’m not sure what difference the ported heads have made since, but clearly, they are a nice improvement.

I deliberated a lot regarding the headers. I was keen to retain all the cats and didn’t want my car too loud, therefore opted for the PLM shorties. They made a good improvement in performance and especially the torque. They are a straight swap for stock manifolds so the remainder of the exhaust system is stock other than the C63 rear boxes. I think mine may be the only E55K estate that has C63 rear boxes as they are not a straight swap unlike on the saloons versions. The C63 rear boxes have not made it too loud, but I would say have given it a slightly higher pitched howl when it’s given some gas.

I have also made some subtle colour coding changes to the exterior trim. There were too many shiny chrome bits for my liking so the chrome/stainless strips on the bumpers, side trims and tailgate have been colour coded, together with the lower part of the rear bumper. This has cleaned the look of the car up and to the untrained eye nobody would know the difference.

It has a high specification from factory including, keyless go, sunroof, command with dvd, factory tints, heated/cooled ventilated seats etc.

The full specification from factory as follows (taken from MB Vin Decoder):
General Data
Model E 55 AMG
Engine 113990 60 035769
Transmission 722643 05 674041
Order Number 0 4 537 46523
Order Location GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND
Interior LEATHER - BLACK/ANTHRACITE (251A)
Paint 1 BRILLIANT SILVER METALLIC (744U)
Release Date 2004-09-29
Delivery Date 2004-09-30

Code Description
205B OWNERS MANUAL AND SERVICE RECORD - ENGLISH
213 SPEED-SENSITIVE POWER STEERING/VARIO STEERING
220 PARKTRONIC SYSTEM (PTS)
221B SIGN COOLANT/REFUELING - ENGLISH
231 GARAGE DOOR OPENER
241 FRONT SEAT LH ELECTRIC ADJUSTABLE WITH MEMORY
249 REAR WINDOW, ELECTRICALLY HEATED
250A LEATHER - COGNAC
250B MOBILO LIFE/EUROPE SERVICE PACKAGE
251A LEATHER - BLACK/ANTHRACITE
265 LINES-NO.PLATE DISCONTINUED
275 MEMORY PACKAGE (DRIVER SEAT, STRG. COL., MIRROR)
283B AIRBAGLABLE - ENGLISH
287 THROUGH-LOADING FEATURE
354 ANTENNA FOR TELEPHONE D/E-NET
388 PHONE MOBILE, MTUS-SYSTEM
401 SINGLE SEATS
404 MULTI-CONTOUR SEAT, FRONT LEFT
405 MULTI-CONTOUR SEAT, FRONT RIGHT
414 ELECTRIC TILT/SLIDE SUNROOF IN GLASS VERSION
423 5-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
461 INSTRUMENT WITH MILES IND. AND ENGLISH LEGEND
475 TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR (TPM) HIGH LINE/MID LINE
489 AIRMATIC DUAL CONTROL / AIR SUSPENSION SEMI-ACTIVE
500 OUTSIDE REAR VIEW MIRROR LH AND RH FOLDING
527 COMAND DVD APS WITH NAVIGATION
537L GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND
543 SUN VISOR WITH MAKE-UP MIRROR L. AND R., BE-
551 STEERING WHEEL, IVORY-COLORED
573 CHILD SEAT MOUNTING, ISOFIX IN REAR
581 AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL
5XXL EUROPE
600 TRIM STRIPS ON HARDTOP
616 BI-XENON HEADLICHT W.ACTVIE CURVELIGHT LEFT-DRIVE
666 PRODUCT PROT.F.TRANSPORT VEH. W/O TIE-DOWN HOOKS
669 10 LITERS OF FUEL AND MODE OF PACKING VE I
673 HIGH-CAPACITY BATTERY
682 FIRE EXTINGUISHER
744U BRILLIANT SILVER METALLIC
772 AMG STYLING PACKAGE-FRONT SPOILER, SIDE SKIRT
805 YEAR OF MODIFICATION
810 SOUND SYSTEM
819 CD CHANGER
840 DARK TINTED GLASS
875 HEATED SCREEN WASH SYSTEM
882 INTERIOR SAFEGUARD
889 KEYLESS - GO
890 AUTOMATIC REAR-END DOOR
910 DYNAMO WITH HIGHER CAPACITY (FFO)
915 FUEL TANK WITH LARGER CAPACITY
926 EXHAUST GAS CLEANING WITH EURO 4 TECHNOLOGY
954 EQUIPMENT PACKAGE FOR AVANTGARDE VEHICLES
983 COC PAPER EURO 4 TECHNOLOGY W/O REG. CERT. PART II
989 IDENTIFICATION LABEL UNDER WINDSHIELD
M001 ENGINES WITH SUPERCHARGER
M113 V8-GASOLINE ENGINE M113
M55 CAPACITY 5,5 LITRE
U15 2ND CARGO AREA W/ COMPART. UNDER MAIN FLOOR PANEL
U16 STOWAGE TANK BEHIND REAR SEAT BACKREST

Mercedes Benz VIN decoded at
https://www.datamb.com/vin/1eQm3AVVkjNA9GW6N

I have spent many thousands on the car during my ownership, not just on modifications. It has always been very well cared for and wanted for nothing.

All pictures of the car were taken within the last couple of weeks for my ‘agreed value’ insurance valuation (valued at £20K). I have also included a picture of the car with the AMG alloys (apologies for quality of photo). I am struggling to add pictures on here so have used a hosting site (if someone can let me know how to attach photos it would be apprecaited!!). I was also going to add a video of when it was on the dyno at MSL, but do not know how to do it!?

The car is now sitting slightly higher than shown in the photos as my Renntech (Programma) V2 lowering module just threw a wobbly, so it has been removed. I will include it with the car as it may be an easy fix? I have had the car height set on star for a slight drop from standard as to me they just do not look right at stock height. It is not much probably around a 10mm drop, but looks so much better for it. The camber has also been set to suit the slight drop. All easily adjusted back.

I have a massive folder of everything done to the car. From routine maintenance stuff and mods, to replacement parts. The latest being a new auxiliary battery which I fitted couple of days ago. Too much to list all the service items etc done here, but please ask if you want to know anything specific.

I will not be selling it with the BBS LM’s. I really do not think I could take the emotional hit of both my car going and the wheels too. If you want the LM’s we can talk about it, but they were subject to so much of my work I’m not sure I can face it! It will be sold with 18” AMG wheels, which are currently shod with Continental winter tyres. The tyres are pretty much like new and have only covered maybe two thousand miles as I haven’t been using my car during winter months. These wheels are the slightly wider option being 8.5” fronts and 9.5” rears. They could do with a refurb, but still look tidy. I could get these refurbished before collection if required. There are also two front tyres I had on prior to fitting the winter tyres, which will come with it as they still have lots of tread (Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta’s).

Other than that, I have the original differential innards which were removed for the Quaife, and also the original stock S/C pulley, original steering wheel plus other bits and pieces which will come with it too.

MOT is due in November, so I will get that done before sale.

I think that is pretty much it. I’m bound to have forgotten loads of stuff. I have hundreds of photos so just contact me if you want to see anything.

Small niggles you may want to sort.
The electric rear load cover has stopped working. It started working intermittently and now seems to not want to work at all. This hasn’t bothered me as it can simply be engaged/disengaged manually.
The keyless handle on the driver’s door isn’t working (common issue and not expensive to fix, but hasn’t bothered me).
This is a 15 year old car, so there are the odd few small blemishes.

PRICE - £15,000.00 - NO OFFERS
It is worth it for this car. If I don’t sell it then it’s an easy decision for me and I will keep it and still be a very happy man.

I am away for a week now on holiday, but this will give you a taster, should you wish to view when I’m back.

20190912 193554 — Postimage.org
20190912 193716 — Postimage.org
20190912 193955 — Postimage.org
https://i.postimg.cc/NfB3sTR2/20190912-195002.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/m2j0tDSX/20190912-195104.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/8zCxWSK1/20190912-195123.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/sgwZ2t1d/20190925-173435.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/2yfPBLJJ/20190912-191614.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/rm4BmNhx/20190912-191715.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/BbcR5Qfv/20190912-191809.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/cJPq0bcd/20190912-191853.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/kMQrPwRd/20190912-191931.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/1znTCK12/IMG-0519.jpg

Hi All

I have decided to put my car up for sale for good this time.

Attached some photos taken last week when I refitted the original AMG wheels.

The wheels are fresh back from a full refurb done by Lepsons. At the same time, I decided to fit a brand-new genuine set of MB centre caps.

Car is available for viewing in Camden Town, London NW1. It is stored where the photos have been taken, so can be viewed under proper display lighting. Unfortunately, I can’t keep the car stored there forever, so it really does need to be sold as I am just not using it.

Current mileage 92,483, which will not change unless I have to move it out of storage.

Since my original advert the car has been serviced and has a new MOT (no advisories). Also fitted new OEM auxiliary battery.

This is a properly sorted car and always looked after regardless of cost.

£15,000
IMG_6471.JPG IMG_6476.JPG IMG_6478.JPG IMG_6465.JPG IMG_6455.JPG IMG_6452.JPG IMG_6451.JPG IMG_6453.JPG IMG_6458.JPG

Couple of things I forgot to mention, among many others I'm sure.

Akebono brake pads fitted which are fantastic and create far less brake dust. I had them shipped from US.
Akebono EUR984 EURO Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set
Akebono EUR983 EURO Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set

Ipod connectivity in glove box.

Clearly not a great time to be selling anything!!!
I'm not sure how long I will be able to keep my car in storage as I am using up a few favours to keep it there. Before I go all out with ebay and autotrader, I'll drop to £14K if it goes to someone on here.

Surprise Surprise, buyer has pulled out quoting corona virus concerns. I really should have trusted my initial instincts. Massive waste of time, over 80 emails and a wasted month!!:wallbash::wallbash:

Managed to extend the storage arrangement. Maybe being mucked about has done me a favour and made a decision for me. I will get car sorn and will refurb my other set of BBS LM's and get them on the car and then reckon I'll be keeping it. Although I don't really need a car, I couldn't help having a little look for what I could maybe get when mine sold. For the money there really is very little that compares that I'd genuinely want to own! Unless it was an older slower classic (I do like 124's and of course the idea of a C36), the 55K really would be a hard act to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom