E55K Estate - Not silver, Not black, Not high mileage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks OK, but more than I can justify spending on a daily driver, and after JohnEBoy's comment on the E63 5.5TT, I'm prepared to wait for a 55K.

If you can find one (and have at least £40k to spare) the XFR-S estate is the nearest you'll get to something more modern.

Thank you for the tip-off, but thanks to Boris The Bounce's Peugeot I've had a Road to Damascus moment (no, not shot by an Isis sniper, silly) - or suddenly grown up (!) - and realised that a decently-powerful modern diesel will provide everything I need.

An E55K is just too expensive for what I get out of it. I'm now actively looking for an E320 CDI estate - not black, not silver, reasonably low mileage. I can afford to wait; the Peugeot is a jolly good car. It's not a Mercedes, but I'm not a car snob.

I loved my e320cdi awesome car, went really well. Will be interesting to see what you come up with :)

Apologies if this seems a silly question - but if not going for an AMG, why change your 211 E350 estate for a 211 E320 CDI estate (?)

Not a silly question at all. Basically, because the power delivery - bags of low and mid-range torque - of a modern diesel are much more akin to those of a supercharged AMG than of the V6, and I like bags of low and mid-range torque. It's taken me a while, and driving the Pug, to realise that that's what I want, what I really really want... (that's a good line; somebody should set it to music).

I have to admit that I enjoy driving the Pug - 147 hp - more than the E350 - 306 hp - simply because of the torque characteristics; they suit my (relaxed/laid-back/lazy - sh1t! I really HAVE grown up. Where did I put my pork pie hat, pipe and slippers?) style of driving much better. I'd prefer an automatic, though, and an E320 will be an automatic.

An E320 CDI should be like the Pug on steroids, and even better if/when I have it remapped...

Last edited:
Exactly why i went with the e320 cdi after i couldnt find a e55k estate, The N/a's just feel abit gutless Excluding the 388 v8 of course ;)

merc85 said:
Exactly why i went with the e320 cdi after i couldnt find a e55k estate, The N/a's just feel abit gutless Excluding the 388 v8 of course ;)

Drive a 204 c63.

Thank you; yes, I spotted that one. I like the colour scheme, but it's a fairly basic spec, and I think it's overpriced. I've made him an offer; he wants more; he's got my number if he changes his mind. They're not like E55Ks; there are plenty about.

Anybody think this is worth taking a look at? It's only a couple of miles from me, and cheap as chips; might do as a stopgap till a lower-mileage/better one comes along...

Guess who's a f***wit and forgot to put a link in...:eek:

(The forum won't accept the link as valid for some reason)

Mercedes Benz e320 elegance 2006 3.0cdi 7 seater Excellent Condition | eBay

And now that I've edited the wording in my original post, it HAS accepted it. Isn't modern technology wonderful...

Looks nice, Could do with a clean but thats ok, Easily sorted, I also like this one, Humm be nice to have a 2nd car lol

Got the usual missing pull tabs on the centre consul but other than that i like very much.

MERCEDES E320 CDI 2004 MODEL AVANTGARDE 7 SEATER 2 F/OWNERS DSH M/GREY SAT/NAV

I've looked at all of them on eBay now...

The second one is an 804 build, and doesn't have COMAND; I presume that's an APS 50 I can see. I don't really want a dark car with a black interior, though.

The High Wycombe one is in Tanzanite with a light interior, and I'd much prefer one with that colour combination. It's an 805 or 806 build, and only in Elegance spec, but bizarrely, it looks as though it has not only COMAND, but Airmatic suspension. It will probably have SBC too; another potential expense.

On the other hand, with that sort of mileage it may be that everything has been done. I'll at least go and look at it (if the seller ever responds to my calls).

I think its all a myth with the early cars, ive never had any problems with either nor has the chap at work. BUT the Audio 50 with small sat nav is tbh Usless full command alot better :)

Yes - I have to agree, never understood the fascination with the '804/805' build thing. Electronics have never been an issue on either of the 804 build 211s I've had and I doubt any modern MB is immune in that sense either :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom