E55k lay up...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RossMB

Car
E63 AMG Estate
Hi all...

My beloved E55k is going to be laid up for the next month whilst I'm away and then going forwards I have bought a 210 e320 cdi to run through the winter with the intention of keeping the E55 tucked away nice and clean...

Potentially laid up in garage for 4-5 months is there anything I need to do before it goes into storage? Trickle charger or just disconnect the battery etc?

Thanks

I always disconnect the battery, it will be fine.

Put a few more pounds in the tyres to help stop flat spots & leave the handbrake Off!

My car has sat for several months at times (unplanned) and I've had no issues. I always have mine connected to a trickle charger though as I do get some battery drain, but I think that is due to the lowering module?

Yup, same as others as said as do this quite a bit with some of my cars. A bit more air in the tyres, trickle charger and handbrake off but left in gear is fine.

If you can fire it up once a month and just a short drive to cycle wheels/tyres/suspension always helps. I have half a dozen Aldi trickle chargers for 16 quid that work fine and keep battery topped up nicely.

Drop the windows a smidge to keep some airflow and nice indoor breathable cover if in a garage. Also a dehumidifier with RH set @ 55% is ideal if in a garage.

Thanks all, will do. Really not looking forwards to not hearing the V8 fire up, the 320cdi really doesn't have the same appeal!

My car has sat for several months at times (unplanned) and I've had no issues. I always have mine connected to a trickle charger though as I do get some battery drain, but I think that is due to the lowering module?

It will be the lowering module, I get the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom