E55k Loosing power

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

f17rak

Car
E55k tanzanite blue
I begin the story with

"so i was hammering the car yesterday" showing my cousin my new beast & it was amazing, scared the crap out of him (and me :eek: ). First time iv opened it up since iv had it, then after a short while i planted it & it was fast but not all there, shifting through the gears fine but no power, i pulled up to drop him home & then after that it was fine again.

After some research on the net iv found that the culprit is an intercooler pump, & i have seen one on ebay for about £100.

Just wanted to ask is this most likely the case? Or could it be something else, obviously i am going to my mechanic in a couple of days but i wanted an opinion.

Sounds like and IC pump issue, get the Bosch 10 pump not the 03 it's a direct replacement for the E55 without cutting cables and has the same size hose connections. I bought a couple from eBay I think it was Autolamps and I received them within 7 days. Here's the part number 0392022010 I think I paid about £125 each inclusive of import costs.

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

So i take it you got it from ebay US? Ok cool, great help. This bosch 10 pump is it a upgraded part? better than the original?

Also is it wise to look into an heat exchanger upgrade, or is this more for hot countrys?

The spending begins :eek:

you can get them in the uk too, same pump as Focus RS

i think this is the one, check tho

RS PUMP

theres one on ebay, 99p at the moment. same part number, prob worth buying a new one instead.

f17rak said:
So i take it you got it from ebay US? Ok cool, great help. This bosch 10 pump is it a upgraded part? better than the original?

Also is it wise to look into an heat exchanger upgrade, or is this more for hot countrys?

The spending begins :eek:

It is the original but was improved from the earlier versions, they can still go wrong though so don't be surprised if you need to replace it again depending on how long you keep the car for. The 03 pump is also fine but it does have a different connection for power so you need to factor that in, if you don't need it urgently then getting the 10 from the US will save you a lot of cash from the UK price and it is a straight swap.
Larger heat exchanger is a good idea and not just for hot countries Alps pointed me to this when I first asked some time ago and I agree with him these engines seriously suffer from heat even in standard format.

It is the original but was improved from the earlier versions, they can still go wrong though so don't be surprised if you need to replace it again depending on how long you keep the car for. The 03 pump is also fine but it does have a different connection for power so you need to factor that in, if you don't need it urgently then getting the 10 from the US will save you a lot of cash from the UK price and it is a straight swap.
Larger heat exchanger is a good idea and not just for hot countries Alps pointed me to this when I first asked some time ago and I agree with him these engines seriously suffer from heat even in standard format.

i agree, its a very horrible feeling when the power dies, a little disappointed at the moment.

phone a few bosch dealers with the part number, you might get it for less than that in the uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom