E55k Nice one

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Actually, having just looked at old pictures of mine, I think the rear is standard ride height and probably the suspension is set to the highest, which is comfort.

So I think the front NS is "compensating" possibly. Or someone fitted the wrong shocker if that is possible on these.
I've just contacted Nick to see if he would be interested in your old car. I just don't use it enough plus I've just bought a new house and could do with the money.

I've just contacted Nick to see if he would be interested in your old car. I just don't use it enough plus I've just bought a new house and could do with the money.

It's a decent example... definitely not a Friday-afternoon job that one. I have fond memories of it!

I would love it back (and I have thought about it a lot) but my current steed is basically as quick as a standard E55K and I hardly ever use the performance I have... since lockdown even less so although that's probably because an S Class is not setup to be an angry AMG.

I remember how addictive all that power and noise was though. Amazing cars.

@e55nick ... it's certainly worth considering!

Nice car in a rare colour that really suits it. But then my cls is Tanzanite also.

I have a viewing on Friday for the Tanzanite one, it's an hour from me. I'm hoping it's as nice as it looks in the photos, although I'm not 100% sure on the SL65 rims... Having owned two already, one good, (Bryan's old one), and one bad.. I'm trying to be careful.

I went to see this car this afternoon......the visit workshop came up whilst driving. This was expected as the rear off side didn't rise after I'd lowered it. Could need the airmatic lines may need looking at, may be not. The wheels do need a refurb, although this is in the advert. The pano roof wouldn't open, not sure why. The S/C pulley was a bit squeaky. There was a light oil leak from right hand side of the engine as you look at it, (my old one had it too and is fairly common I believe). Paintwork wasn't perfect and would need a good detailing. It wasn't the worst one I've seen but not a 12k car IMHO. I do also have an issue with a used car salesman selling a car privately for a friend, however busy that friend may be, as why would you not want to put this car into your portfolio? (I can answer this one I think)....

Hmm. Could be a duff air spring and might need a new strut. Pano roof could be an expensive labour-intensive fix too! Mine had the oil leak. Acid (MSLP) said it could be sorted but would most likely return and was common on these engines.

I don't subscribe to the view that just because the youngest one is now 15, that you should expect to spend a grand or two getting them right, although I understand that is the reality.

My E55 was kept in fine fettle and wanted for nothing except a bonnet respray and a was due a couple of tyres when I sold it.

Sounds like the salesman is trying to get out of his responsibilities for the initial 6 month period after you buy it.

The oil 'leak' is very common on all the M113s; like the OM642 oil cooler, they all do it sooner or later... It is usually just a seep, and either one or both of the rocker box breather chambers', and/or the rocker boxes', gaskets will need replacing. Even if all four need doing, it won't cost too much, and it might be just clumsy topping-up of the oil and not bothering to clean it up properly afterwards, or even just a tired and weeping oil filler cap sealing ring.

Worst case on a sagging corner, a new rear air strut/spring can be had for about £450 online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom