E55k Nice one

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I thought so too John. I went to see it today. Was a fair journey too, a three hour round trip! The offside rear suspension didn't seem to want to rise for some reason. There driver's door pillar was very worn/torn. The supercharger belt was slightly worn on one side. The alloys looked like they'd been poorly refurbed and the near side rear was really scraped. It was a no from me. The search continues....

Here's another one that appeared today.

E55 at Yeovil

I love the black badges and grille but not the black wheels. I'd probably have to add a black bonnet badge too. I appreciate the changes from chrome to black aren't everyone's cup of tea.

My only concern with cars that have had that kind of cosmetic treatment is that to me they scream “ragged”!

Yeah, "just a rear bumper". Why claim on the insurance then...

Looks too wide to me, too.

I think I'd avoid!

Who would pay £9,499 for a CAT N E55? I thought you could get a non-CAT one for less? 🤷‍♂️

That is nice, few good extras too. I was after a blue wagon myself but never found one. 🙁

It does look very nice. The contrasting blue leather on the inside looks smart.

Looks very nice, very understated - i love those wheels as well. Does the rear look a bit lower than the front? Given the hassle i had with my E Wagon and air suspension it's normally the first thing i scrutinise now! Not sure if this would be air though?

I think the 55K 211s were all Airmatic, because they automatically lower a little on the suspension at high speed.

Does the rear look a bit lower than the front? Given the hassle i had with my E Wagon and air suspension it's normally the first thing i scrutinise now! Not sure if this would be air though?

I think someone hit the "raise car" button possibly but the front is riding a bit high although that could be because of the angle it's on i.e. the front NS is the lowest point on the ground it seems. I know when I parked mine on uneven terrain you got a similar effect.

Need to see it on the flat, really.

I think the 55K 211s were all Airmatic, because they automatically lower a little on the suspension at high speed.

Yup, AirMATIC standard on E55K and E500s.

Actually, having just looked at old pictures of mine, I think the rear is standard ride height and probably the suspension is set to the highest, which is comfort.

So I think the front NS is "compensating" possibly. Or someone fitted the wrong shocker if that is possible on these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom