E55k Refresh Complete

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickjonesn4

Car
E55K AMG Wagon, Porsche 993 C2S, Polestar 2
Got my car back yesterday and Prestige & Performance at East Calder have done an incredible job on the bodywork, the car looks new. The welding work to fix corrosion inside the rear arches should see her right for another 100,000 miles.

Colin at Klasse then took the car and went over it with a fine tooth comb;

1) fitted lowering links and the new BC Forged wheels I bought from Alex, ride height, wheel alignment and tracking sorted.
2) New belts and pulleys to sort various squeaks from the engine
3) New front brake pads, rear brakes stripped and cleaned, calipers stripped and refurbished
4) Fitted G Paddles

I'm really happy with the way the car looks and it drives really well. Just have to remember to use "comfort" mode for speed bumps now!

Got my car back yesterday and Prestige & Performance at East Calder have done an incredible job on the bodywork, the car looks new. The welding work to fix corrosion inside the rear arches should see her right for another 100,000 miles.

Colin at Klasse then took the car and went over it with a fine tooth comb;

1) fitted lowering links and the new BC Forged wheels I bought from Alex, ride height, wheel alignment and tracking sorted.
2) New belts and pulleys to sort various squeaks from the engine
3) New front brake pads, rear brakes stripped and cleaned, calipers stripped and refurbished
4) Fitted G Paddles

I'm really happy with the way the car looks and it drives really well. Just have to remember to use "comfort" mode for speed bumps now!

Lovely motor! :cool: :)👍

Absolutely beautiful

Thanks for the comments chaps, keep sneaking out to have a look at it. Nice culmination of 5 years worth of improvements to a car that had sat unused and rusting in a garage in N Ireland for 5 years before I bought it.

Fabulous looking car, have the diesel version but the thought of the extra horses and the V8 lump have been keeping me up late recently. Must (not) resist! :)

I've been on the same journey of revitalising with my E500. Love it and yours had come out nicely, though photos are always flattering. Perhaps have it detailed and protected next?

F9E12F0A-0071-42D9-BA0E-1AF2ED8384A5.jpeg

Beautiful wagon Nick! Those 295s in the back are meaty.

I've been on the same journey of revitalising with my E500. Love it and yours had come out nicely, though photos are always flattering. Perhaps have it detailed and protected next?

View attachment 114818

I've got PPF on my 911 and like it, might consider bonnet and front wings - good shout.

Deciding on ceramic seal or wax atm but will do it myself either way. Its had a full machine polish at the bodyshop so most of the work has been done already!

Beautiful wagon Nick! Those 295s in the back are meaty.
Thanks Alex. The offset on the rears wasn't quite right in the end but able to sort with spacers. They look fantastic.

Is that the body shop next door to Klasse?
I spoke to Colin last time I was down about getting my arches tidied up and potentially a respray.
Your car looks amazing!!!

Is that the body shop next door to Klasse?
I spoke to Colin last time I was down about getting my arches tidied up and potentially a respray.
Your car looks amazing!!!
Hey - thanks for the feedback!

No not Jamie Scott next door, its Colin's pal Steven Coyle. His shop - Prestige and Performance- is also on Camps just a bit further down the road. Colin will keep you right on this. Make sure you allow plenty of time tho, Steven is a perfectionist.

Hey - thanks for the feedback!

No not Jamie Scott next door, its Colin's pal Steven Coyle. His shop - Prestige and Performance- is also on Camps just a bit further down the road. Colin will keep you right on this. Make sure you allow plenty of time tho, Steven is a perfectionist.
That’s brilliant, thank you. That’s exactly what I’m after, I can leave the car for as long as it takes.

Thanks Alex. The offset on the rears wasn't quite right in the end but able to sort with spacers. They look fantastic.

It's the tyre isn't it? Those Yoko Advans are fatter than most. Can always roll back to 265 eventually or go wih another brand 295s if you like look/grip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom