e55k s211 Forum car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks very nice but smells a little fishy. Who only keeps a new car a few months not even Lee changes his mind that quick.

Pretty low miles tho tbf, although i wonder what the Seller was expecting mpg wise:dk:

The guy had a 55amg before it. I only had my 55k estate for a month for legitimate reasons.

The car is there for you to inspect if you're interested. I don't think it's fair to speculate that it's iffy.

LPG conversion is what he needs :thumb:

Mine has been running on gas for the last 40k or so now, clocked up 151k the other day - no sweat.

At 50-60p a litre the running costs are half. 15-20mpg becomes 30-40mpg equivalent, car more reliable and cheaper to repair than a modern diesel and obviously goes like the clappers still. AMGs tend to be pretty well loaded spec wise too compared to the cooking models.

My wife uses it as our family wagon, loaded full of toys, plenty of space (plus seven seats) and has been 100% reliable.

Honestly I don't know and I'd replace it with :eek:

Looks nice, not for me obviously lol that ship sailed haha

Mercedes E55 AMG Kompressor Estate

Didn't the owner swap his W210 '55 for this 211 '55?

Stating that the fuel economy is the reason for selling will put quite a few potential buyers off; most would prefer to stick there head in the sand and not even contemplate sub 20mpg...

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy had a 55amg before it. I only had my 55k estate for a month for legitimate reasons.

The car is there for you to inspect if you're interested. I don't think it's fair to speculate that it's iffy.

Apologies, did not mean the car was fishy in fact it looks great. I just don't buy the reason for the sale being mpg.

Looks very nice but smells a little fishy. Who only keeps a new car a few months not even Lee changes his mind that quick.
I used to be very suspicious of short ownership but I learnt that if the car checks out and the owner seems genuine, these things happen from time to time.

I've owned some motors for less than two months, the X5 being one that immediately springs to mind...

Didn't the owner swap his W210 '55 for this 211 '55?

Stating that the fuel economy is the reason for selling will put quite a few potential buyers off; most would prefer to stick there head in the sand and not even contemplate sub 20mpg...

Yes i think thats the one, I regularly get 22mpg out of mine"brim to brim" but i dont do short trips in it.

Sometime people just dont Gel with a car, i reckon it's a good car, nice miles to.

I have noticed a massive difference in consumption between my na CL55 and s55K... the s55 is getting around 100miles less than the CL on a brimmed tank

I spotted that last night. I viewed it summer 15 and it was a nice car. I'd have bought it at a sensible price. Odd its going again so soon but as people have said sometimes that's just the way it is.

I have noticed a massive difference in consumption between my na CL55 and s55K... the s55 is getting around 100miles less than the CL on a brimmed tank

That is a big difference, you wouldn't think it would be so.

Possibly due to:

Different compression ratios (lower compression on the Kompressor engines to take the boost)
Less than ideal airflow through to the head when off boost
Load of S/C being driven by the engine in operation even at partial throttle
Additional weight of the S/C and ancillaries (additional intercooler/pipework/pump/coolant etc)

Etc

Hi All

Its my car and its beauty. Absolutely any inspection welcome and encouraged.

I love the car but im really struggling to cope with 8mpg. I came from a 210 E55 which was averaging around 15 - not ideal but liveable. I work 2.7 miles from my front door and rarely get the car upto any speed so i guess im sitting at the worst possible band for MPG.

I dont really want to sell it and am actively seeking an everyday e320 cdi/530d to run alongside it but I have to be seen to be trying...

Ross

Hi All

Its my car and its beauty. Absolutely any inspection welcome and encouraged.

I love the car but im really struggling to cope with 8mpg. I came from a 210 E55 which was averaging around 15 - not ideal but liveable. I work 2.7 miles from my front door and rarely get the car upto any speed so i guess im sitting at the worst possible band for MPG.

I dont really want to sell it and am actively seeking an everyday e320 cdi/530d to run alongside it but I have to be seen to be trying...

Ross

Take It it all back Ross, I don't think I could cope with 8mpg! either. Like the seen to be trying :) we have all been there.

I do 11 miles to work and if I use mine I get 18mpg for that up to a max of 25 on a long run.
I think I'd be looking for a small petrol golf/polo/fabia for such short trips. I don't think diesels like them much do they? 530d might be pre egr?

Thats alright - I would think it a bit odd. I had my 210 E55 estate for a year which is a long time for me. 8/9 MPG stings, im not a wealthy person - my cars are my one hobby/passion outside being a father of 3 but when you walk into your local petrol station and the guy behind the counter says "you in again?" you know you have a thirsty car!! :eek:

To be brutally honest I REALLY dont want to part with it, I know everyone says that but I really dont. I just kept staring at it this morning with the intention of removing the ebay listing - If I can find a nice everyday e320 cdi estate to use and abuse for reasonable money then I will tuck this away for fun days.

Her who must be obeyed has seen the advert on Ebay now so thats her satisfied , maybe its time to remove it quietly and say no one was interested :D

I do 11 miles to work and if I use mine I get 18mpg for that up to a max of 25 on a long run.
I think I'd be looking for a small petrol golf/polo/fabia for such short trips. I don't think diesels like them much do they? 530d might be pre egr?

I use mine everyday to pick up 3 children and have the dog crate in the back quite often so need a decent sized car... I dont need anything thats saving the planet - id be happy with 25mpg to be honest!

Mrhanky said:
Apologies, did not mean the car was fishy in fact it looks great. I just don't buy the reason for the sale being mpg.

I didn't think your comment was outrageous at all you know what this forums like though, only would take a few more to jump on the bandwagon before they totally ruin a good cars reputation for the rest of the internet to see.

Doesn't 8mpg seem very low and that the car may have an issues? It might even be a simple issue?

I averaged about 18mpg out of my S211 E55K. I get 19mpg out of the XC90 4.4 V8. Also about 18-19 mpg out of the Maser QP V. The SL55 I had was about 18 mpg as well.

Most of the big lumpy cars I have had were all about 16-20mpg apart from the E60 M5. Now that did like a drink. I hit just over 12 mpg in my short 3 month spell with it. I did have it down to 8-9 on odd occassions ;)

My driving is mixed between short to medium journeys. With an occasional longer trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom