E55k Spares or repairs..

gunning

MB Enthusiast
Car
Porsche 911 / FFRR / E63 Biturbo
Does look ok! I saw it and then clicked off when I saw it said engine is creamed

andy27168

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG
I was looking at this a few nights ago, but I,m not in a position to buy quite yet.
But I have to disagree with you on this, though I agree the most common cause for misfire on the M113 V8 is a faulty lead or coil pack, I don,t believe the type of person who would own this type of car hasn't already explored this option. So IMO the very least this could be is a head off job, and if you are unlucky it will be a new engine as the parts for this engine are absolutely horrifically expensive, and the parts bill alone would soon mount up to the price of a second hand engine.
I think if anyone was to buy this you would have to allow for a replacement engine, and if its anything else than you,ll be quids in.

gunning

MB Enthusiast
Car
Porsche 911 / FFRR / E63 Biturbo
andy27168 said:
I was looking at this a few nights ago, but I,m not in a position to buy quite yet. But I have to disagree with you on this, though I agree the most common cause for misfire on the M113 V8 is a faulty lead or coil pack, I don,t believe the type of person who would own this type of car hasn't already explored this option. So IMO the very least this could be is a head off job, and if you are unlucky it will be a new engine as the parts for this engine are absolutely horrifically expensive, and the parts bill alone would soon mount up to the price of a second hand engine. I think if anyone was to buy this you would have to allow for a replacement engine, and if its anything else than you,ll be quids in.
My thoughts exactly, you have to go into this car assuming worst case scenario

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W222 S500L
That's quite a low mileage to be that unwell.

Great wheels!

Hate the boot spoiler - makes it look cheap.

WG M-B

Auhorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
C63 Wagon in black
There is an engine and box for sale sub 3k at the moment.
So offer on the car and get a lump

WG M-B

Auhorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
C63 Wagon in black
And they do get daffy ducked these engines ! But it's not common

After Shock

Car
E320 CDI 320 Estate. AMG wheels
Hmmm. Could I use it as a spares car for my E320 and pick and choose between bits.

Worth a thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom