E55k Spares or repairs..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does look ok! I saw it and then clicked off when I saw it said engine is creamed

I was looking at this a few nights ago, but I,m not in a position to buy quite yet.
But I have to disagree with you on this, though I agree the most common cause for misfire on the M113 V8 is a faulty lead or coil pack, I don,t believe the type of person who would own this type of car hasn't already explored this option. So IMO the very least this could be is a head off job, and if you are unlucky it will be a new engine as the parts for this engine are absolutely horrifically expensive, and the parts bill alone would soon mount up to the price of a second hand engine.
I think if anyone was to buy this you would have to allow for a replacement engine, and if its anything else than you,ll be quids in.

andy27168 said:
I was looking at this a few nights ago, but I,m not in a position to buy quite yet. But I have to disagree with you on this, though I agree the most common cause for misfire on the M113 V8 is a faulty lead or coil pack, I don,t believe the type of person who would own this type of car hasn't already explored this option. So IMO the very least this could be is a head off job, and if you are unlucky it will be a new engine as the parts for this engine are absolutely horrifically expensive, and the parts bill alone would soon mount up to the price of a second hand engine. I think if anyone was to buy this you would have to allow for a replacement engine, and if its anything else than you,ll be quids in.

My thoughts exactly, you have to go into this car assuming worst case scenario

That's quite a low mileage to be that unwell.

Great wheels!

Hate the boot spoiler - makes it look cheap.

There is an engine and box for sale sub 3k at the moment.
So offer on the car and get a lump

And they do get daffy ducked these engines ! But it's not common

Hmmm. Could I use it as a spares car for my E320 and pick and choose between bits.

Worth a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom