E55k to c63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55jay

Car
E55k Amg gone! C63 Amg landed :-)
Thinking of selling my e55 as I've been offered a nice c63.
Has anyone done this? Will the c63 keep me happy without spending a fortune to tune it? And do I let my lovely 55 go :dk:

Is your 55 a wagon or sedan? Same question for the c63.

I think I'd want a drive in the C63 before deciding. Both fast cars with totally different power deliveries. You'll miss the shove in the back from low down but the 63 is very nice when it gets up in the rev range.
Also, going from an E to a C is a downward step no matter what is said. The E63 is the E55K's equal but a car I wouldn't consider unless it is the fantastic W212 Biturbo.
To counter that, the C63 is so much more up to date and components on the E55 will need to be replaced as it ages.

A nice decision to make whatever.

If you're fed up with the 55 then you'll quite probably end up the same with a C63 Jay. Also, as said above, the C Class is noticeably smaller inside, and you're quite tall.

I would say keep the E Class, especially knowing the car like you do, but I'm just an old man with another E Class. :D

If you're fed up with the 55 then you'll quite probably end up the same with a C63 Jay. Also, as said above, the C Class is noticeably smaller inside, and you're quite tall.

I would say keep the E Class, especially knowing the car like you do, but I'm just an old man with another E Class. :D

I'm still happy with the 55 to be fair but the c63 has always been on my list along with a e63 turbo. I'm worried about my 55 going:doh: lol but have a massive soft spot for the c63 :crazy:

Assuming it's a m156 c63 go ahead, you will then realise what a bland overweight wallow shed the e55k really is.

Will be a downgrade both chassis wise, interior and of course that temperamental coffee table of an engine full of design issues.

Thinking of selling my e55 as I've been offered a nice c63.
Has anyone done this? Will the c63 keep me happy without spending a fortune to tune it? And do I let my lovely 55 go :dk:

I'd do it in a heartbeat mate ,just go for it the M156 is epic , take it from me that owns M113 ,M156 and M157 .
C63 won't be a step back from nothing.

In a ideal world I would keep both but unfortunately I am trying to buy another house and just couldn't afford to have both right now :fail

C63 is a step back in every single way unless you're a chav.

C63 is a step back in every single way unless you're a chav.

Chaves is my surname and the C63 suits me just fine !lol
C63 is for proper drivers/petrolheads that enjoy be involved in driving.

Last edited:
Chaves is my surname and the C63 suits me just fine !lol
C63 is for proper drivers/petrolheads that enjoy be involved in driving.

Only when you slap a supercharger on it pal!

Corrected that for ya Bruno ;)

How does it feel having nearly no torque or bhp and having to drive it with earing mufflers coz it sounds pants!lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom