E55k - Upgrades- which one first?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nurburgsingh

Car
Gt3
Whilst I'm still searching for the perfect E55 it's only natural that my thoughts have turned to tuning... you lot on here with your dyno videos and graphs haven't helped!!

So with the numerous modifications that are available to the E55 owner what's the most sensible path to take with the upgrades.
I've seen there are a number of members with cars in different states of tune, if you had to do it again from a stock car- -

- what would you have done first?
- What did you wish you'd known before doing a particular mod?
- are any mods best done together?
- are any linked to a 'while you're there' scenario?

I'm midlands based, and it reads like MSL is the place to go to but unless I'm in the wrong place there isn't a huge amount of information on the website?

I'm in a similar position having just bought my S55K... I'm going with a resonator delete first off, then the Bosch intercooler pump to try and ensure cooling is optimum.

After that I'm toying with the idea of headers with primary cat delete, the 77mm pulley and an ecu tune.

What is it you want to do with the car? How are you thinking of using it? I have a couple of bits done to mine and it's still so good as a everyday car :thumb:

speak to Acid at MSL, it is the place to go.

pulley and map to start with, then it all depends on how deep your pockets are :)

I'm midlands based, and it reads like MSL is the place to go to but unless I'm in the wrong place there isn't a huge amount of information on the website?

I remember looking at Acid's website a while back and thought it was a bit poor BUT I can see why they haven't really bothered/had time to make it all singing and dancing - their reputation keeps them very busy and just reading reviews from actual customers on forums is enough.

Good choice if based in Midlands, you will do hard to find better. There was a recent Dyno Day, just search for the thread.

Although it won't be my everyday car it does need to be able to do the day to day stuff without getting on my ****.
I'm currently running an old Accord Type R and whilst my commute used to be twisty roads it was fine, now it's the M1 it's just tedious and the noise is constant and droning. Which means it's not a very good long distance car.

So the e55 is to occasionally step in for my other commuter car when I fancy a change, it's for taking the family across the water on holidays and for other times when we all go places , weddings etc.

What's important to me is that it has to make me smile.

Im old enough to have kids with driving licences so the modifications have to be 'substance over style' - if you know what I mean.

What sort of money are we talking for a pulley and map kit and what the returns?

As mentioned, MSL are the people to go to, especially as you're in the Midlands. As Bob says above, their website is poor, and seldom updated, though they do have both Facebook and Instagram accounts where they can be contacted, though the easiest way is just to ring or message Acid on his mobile: 07765 444 447.

He'll be able to give you a guide on what to do to the car to suit your specific needs as well.

Cool thanks Guys. Just had a quick google for MSL's address and I see that it's on route to my usual car hang out in bham so I can drop in and have a chat quite easily.
I just need to find a car now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nurburgsingh said:
Cool thanks Guys. Just had a quick google for MSL's address and I see that it's on route to my usual car hang out in bham so I can drop in and have a chat quite easily. I just need to find a car now Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
happyamg hunting

With most of the 55K already moded I would say you will find one already with the spec you require lol. A stock one maybe more of a treasure hunt lol . Mines stock but I'm not selling lol

Is it me or does stock sound better than modded in name sake not exhaust note lol !!!

1. Exhaust res box / secondary cat removal
2. K/N air filter
3. New upgrade intercooler pump (Johnsons / upgrade Bosch)
4. EC Pulley / Remap with dyno run before / aft power gains validation (recommend MSL)

Then see if your happy....the above should get you easily to around 550HP+ / 600lb/ft:thumb:

I've fitted a new Bosch 010 IC pump

Next I want to do res / secondary delete via Torqueflow and pulley remap via MSL

In going to travel across from NI to have the work fine as MSL really are the god's when it comes to the 55k cars

I may sell mine if your interested....

^ That has been up for sale for months. Mentioned on here a few times.

I may sell mine if your interested....

Sell your.l car ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom