E55k v E63 v XFR

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Interesting post this one I was curious as to the differences in all the above options. Would it be fit to add the s500 and 600 and the s63 to the list. As I think I may go this route once I've had enough of the rawness of the 55. The s models v8's and 12's seem alot of car for the money and seem to be that little more civilized to that of the 55.
Could anyone elebrate on the s500 600 on how they run day to day use and are they reliable also?

Cheers
Tom
I’ve not owned either the S500 or S600 but I can imagine that they’ll be very good in daily use. They’re designed for exactly that, to earn their keep sat idling, creeping through congested city streets, and wafting along the autobahn.

The sheer amount of electric in any s class is great when bought new but is just a massive headache when used. In that regard the e class should be better.

The sheer amount of electric in any s class is great when bought new but is just a massive headache when used. In that regard the e class should be better.

At the age of car you are looking at there isn’t that much in it, S class has soft close and ABC suspension, that’s pretty much it over the E.

If you plan on putting three child seats in the back I doubt they will fit in the E safely, they only just fit in the back of my S55!

How much!!!!!!!!

How much!!!!!!!!

Lol yeah well i am strange like that pmsl, you can use them in either vehicle if you have 2 or more providing the measurements are similar,

Or just buy a Mini bus like us lol

I'm hoping I have enough space in the e55k for 2 narrow boosters for the 6 + 8 year olds and a child seat for the 3 yr old. Just dont like the look of the s class of that era. 2006 onwards they look chunky and have real presence.

Think you will struggle with that one bud, That was another reason i went for a 7 seater Estate. We only ever managed 1 child seat and 1 booster or another child seat, with my elder son in the middle.
40161694_10156127173077284_9222115222049783808_n.jpg

40187732_10156127173352284_6319311723362779136_n.jpg

There was a rare e55k 7 seater estate lpg converted with 151k miles and the chap wanted £11k for it.

I need to test the cars for child seat fitments, it will most likely be the deciding factor. Looking to buy early next year so I have plenty of time.

Very rare but you can get three kids seats in an E55K if it has the integrated booster seats.

Very rare extra though, like I say.

Think you will struggle with that one bud, That was another reason i went for a 7 seater Estate. We only ever managed 1 child seat and 1 booster or another child seat, with my elder son in the middle.
40161694_10156127173077284_9222115222049783808_n.jpg

40187732_10156127173352284_6319311723362779136_n.jpg
Thanks for the pics...that booster is fairly wide though.

Hey no problem, If you want me to Measure up the width of the seat or take a few pic's of a booster seat in there too just ask buddy ;)

The S from 2006 I really like the shape of that was the model I was referring to, to be honest.

If you put a booster on either side I'm sure you can fit a small child in the middle seat I was able to do this with an e60 BMW many a times haven't needed to since my MB ownership. My oldest has grown up and has his own wheels now lol. I was looking at a seven seater E before I got the cls 350 that I owned lol seven to four I know lol long story. But when I tested the seven seater rear facing seats they were tiny and I would say anyone over say 12/13 years old would be cramped up and if of the taller type of being lol. I didn't get to 350E in the end as a management light came on when I started the car so i walked away from that one. Do love the estate E though especially in amg 55 63 gear on lol

I'm hoping I have enough space in the e55k for 2 narrow boosters for the 6 + 8 year olds and a child seat for the 3 yr old. Just dont like the look of the s class of that era. 2006 onwards they look chunky and have real presence.

That’s exactly what i had, they only just fit in the s class, 100% wouldn’t fit in my e and that’s with the narrowest boosters I could find!

That’s exactly what i had, they only just fit in the s class, 100% wouldn’t fit in my e and that’s with the narrowest boosters I could find!
Ahh $hit...it looks like such a big car. That integrated seat that @SPX linked to could be the ticket

There was a rare e55k 7 seater estate lpg converted with 151k miles and the chap wanted £11k for it.

I need to test the cars for child seat fitments, it will most likely be the deciding factor. Looking to buy early next year so I have plenty of time.

Was that not Wills car on here??

Ahh $hit...it looks like such a big car. That integrated seat that @SPX linked to could be the ticket

Are you trying to fit estate seats into a saloon though?
Check they fit before pulling the trigger.

Edit..........Sorry, you haven't decided what car to get yet:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom