e55k w211 2002 DYNO mode??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
Hi,

I cant seem to find Dyno mode on my early e55k, i know it has not got SBC H or S, as its a early car.

Is there a way of getting dyno mode or not? or will just Pressing Traction control button of fallow it to be such??

Just wanted to get Brutus on the Roller's thats all.:D

I brought up the dyno mode message one day when checking the battery voltage.
IIRC, I had the voltage displayed, then pressed the menu button and the dyno mode came up.

Give it a try Gav.

I brought up the dyno mode message one day when checking the battery voltage.
IIRC, I had the voltage displayed, then pressed the menu button and the dyno mode came up.

Give it a try Gav.

Hi Buddy, I cant check the voltage on mine either :eek:

Hi,
Worth checking out this video, follow it exactly, otherwise it wont work.
[YOUTUBE]xFHlDn-hw1s[/YOUTUBE]

W211 e55 amg dyno mode instructions
1. Make sure temp gauge is showing on cluster, if not select the button on the left of the steering wheel to scroll to the temp gauge.
2. Put your key in the ignition, turn it all the way over until all your lights in the cluster light up , but do not turn the car on.
3. Turn the key all the way off, then back on to the first click.
4. Press the reset knob 3 times fast in the upper left of the glass instrument cluster.
5. Use your upper arrow on the left side of the steering wheel and press it until the cluster reads esp dyno meter test.
6. Select the plus(+) button on the right side of the steering wheel and the cluster will highlight “on”.
7. Start the car up with the key, and you are now in dyno mode.
8. The car will remain in dyno mode permanently even if you turn it off. Change it via the same method above back to normal mode.

Thanks for the replies peeps, I've done it before with my 53 plate, But the Computer is slightly different setup on the 52 plate car. Mine is always default to the temp display too.

Perhaps i will give acid a call and ask, I dont think the early cars have this feature,

On the early 52 plates the dyno mode can only be accessed when you're doing 150 mph on a motorway at 2 a.m.

Mines a 2003 May ,so can't be that far away from yours. I went into Dyno mode last week whilst checking the Volts before I fitted a new battery.

All I had to do was turn the key until the srs light is on, then press the dash dimmer knob 3 times & up comes the volts, then press up or down & you will see it in the list esp, dyno etc ,use the - /+ buttons to select then start car & all hell breaks lose...unless your a sheep like me & just turn it back...:dk:

On the early 52 plates the dyno mode can only be accessed when you're doing 150 mph on a motorway at 2 a.m.

That shouldnt be a problem, but would need some to steer it for me lol

No French, cant even get the Volts measured, 11/2002 btw

Merc85
I have sent you an e mail.

it might have the cluster coded slightly differently

Hi Made 2x Vids, 1st one showing getting into car temp displayed, Turning keys pos 2 then off then 1, Then pressing the trip 3 times. Still no Dyno mode,

2nd Vid, Position 1 Then Trying the trip 3 times still no dyno mode, i show you all the menu's i get by scrolling through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkpURhNoZI0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTMTEdGs2Ww

The early cars do not have dyno modebut thanks guys for all the replies, and to French for taking his time making the vid :(

Last edited:
on the 2nd vid i saw the MPH screen, you need to have it on that before trying :)

on the 2nd vid i saw the MPH screen, you need to have it on that before trying :)

Hi Alps, thankyou bud but ive also tried it both ways with mph and temp showing :dk:

I think like you have suggested the early cluster is programmed differently

Just Bump, if anyone else has a 2002 e55k. Any ideas?

Happy to help take a look if your in Colchester over the weekend?

Awesome

Happy to help take a look if your in Colchester over the weekend?

Would be awesome to hook up Alps, But i have sorted it!! Id still like to hook up though be good to get a couple of pic's of both e55 together at some point. "on a dry day" lol;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom