E55k wagon pref

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nurburgsingh

Car
Gt3
The search is on for a late 211 e55k.

I've read the reviews and the 55 vs 63 views on here and other forums and I think for me the 55 has the right balance of price and performance.

So the dream car would be:

Estate
Not silver
Not brown wood

But I'm not stubborn enough to wait for ever so I'll be back posting pics of my silver saloon before you know it!!

Budget wise - for the right car I'll spend £13/14k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're setting yourself a tough target by looking for maybe one of only a handful cars in the UK.

I've been watching late E500 & E55 estates for six months, as I'm thinking of selling my "high mileage" (63,000 sic) 2003 E500 estate, and I've not seen one estate privately advertised and the few trade cars I have seen have all been silver (and with often curious histories, but that's another matter)

I can't even find myself a low mileage late E500 saloon - just a handful of seemingly unwanted E500 Sport Coupes, which don't float my boat at all. At this rate I'll be ending up with an S500, which is not what I really want at all.

Someone on here may have access to the actual Mercedes sales numbers, but there's a rough approximation on www.howmanyleft.co.uk.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but hope it helps you scope out your problem.

Thanks Mike, I appreciate it's a high bar I'm setting, but I'm a bit of a unicorn collector so hopefully my lucky streak will continue.
Be interested to hear about the curious histories you mention. Pm if you want. It's always good to know what to avoid / look out for.
I've made some minor changes to the fleet already which should reduce the pressure on getting the amg.. so I don't need to rush into it.

I can't even find myself a low mileage late E500 saloon - just a handful of seemingly unwanted E500 Sport Coupes, which don't float my boat at all. At this rate I'll be ending up with an S500, which is not what I really want at all.

When I was considering a late W211 or early W212 E500 to replace my car, there was not a lot.

I think in the time I looked over a few months, I spotted 1 black W212 "125 edition" and less than 5 W211s probably, some of which seemed overpriced or were tatty or both!

I wasn't interested in a coupe.

Don't suppose a CLS55 would fit the bill would it? Or is it just not practical enough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom