E63 2012 wagon in black

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonboyE63

Car
2012 E63 Wagon
Looks ok...but highish miles, lack of service history & unknown "chip" would put me off.....
The seller also thinks the 6.3 cars are supercharged....

Looks like a very well specced example (dynamic & vented seats, radar cruise?, forged alloys, etc) shame it just looks unloved to me. Not one I would be looking at, if I was in the market for one, that is for sure.

Whenever there’s an oil can in the boot on advert photos I skip that car.

And it's ok it's not the very iffy 6.2 supercharged version, I mean who want's one of those...
Maybe a nice car but not really what you'd want to buy. Doesn't mean you wouldn't take a peek if it was close enough.
Sadly for me it isn't.

Can’t beat a gallon of oil in the boot, probably doesn’t even realise the flags that raises to most buyers...

And the ‘night pack’ exhaust tips ;) :cool:

Hi all, I was considering taking a look at this.

There is currently no SH.

Run a mile or bargain?

Was thinking of getting it inspected.

So he's had it for two years, doing only 1300 miles last year between MoT's. And he's had it serviced twice in that time.

How do you tell the difference between a car that's done 100k and 150k ? (Asking for a friend)

hmmmm.....so i dont think its been dealer servied since 2012, 38k.

That's a lot of missing history.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 15
Aye, but does a high performance AMG vehicle "need" maintenance ? (Asking for a friend)

I wouldn't be interested simply because of missing service history.
It needs to much cheaper and be prepared to spend a lot more (ATF/Plugs/brakes/filters etc etc etc.)
The oil in the boot suggests its burning oil too.

I'd look for a better example than that one.

hmmm.......its pretty much the spec I was looking for :(

It was doing 25k a year so must have been maintained?

Why on earth would someone sell a car without service history - they must have had it?!?

It was advertised (cheaply) for ages and looked pretty unloved. I assume you’ve seen the previous thread I linked to? :thumb:

There’s no shortage of these so not sure why you’d want a 100k miler with stories behind it?

Each to their own and all that though! :)

Reactions: SG1
These M157 biturbo engines actually use a fair amount of oil, this is perfectly normal for this engine 0.8ltrs per 1000k according to the owners manual.
I agree this does sound a little excessive, but normal for this engine.

I wouldn't risk it. Stock M157 conrods (possaibly only on pre-facelift) cars are a little fragile even on the 550 bhp version of this engine, and with a chiptune of unknown provenance and no service history? Even if it was 'serviced independently' by the previous owner, where was it done? A decent indie would have STAR and access to the MB SH record, I would have thought.

It's overpriced, too, or it would have sold earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom