E63 5.5, Intercooler and Oil Cooler help???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FateSynchro

Car
E63 AMG S / Ford Ranger Hawk 2018 / MG ZT / MG ZR Turbo
Right,

So im running a nice tune from msl that takes her to over 700bhp... the problem is with any prolonged use the oil temps and intake temps do start to get up.
So to address this is there anything off the shelf that can be used? or would i have to go down the custom route?
I want to upgrade the radiator core/sizes first before looking into more expensive things as removing the bumper and doing some plumbling is nice and simple for starters.

Thanks.

It uses the car's a/c to cool the intercooler water circuit

Read here

https://killerchiller.com/p/faq

ahhhhhhhhhhh right i see, that makes plenty sense... interesting.

I'll give it a read now, thank you... that combined with a bigger rad should sort my issues out.

Did they drill the ECU to remap it? looking at whats avalable and called a few today and they all split the ecu case?

I'm sure Acid can sort your over heating problems out as he has waved his Magic Wand over your car.

Did they drill the ECU to remap it? looking at whats avalable and called a few today and they all split the ecu case?

The ECU has to be opened and don't be fooled into thinking that it cant be detected, it can but highly unlikely by your local dealer :devil:

The ECU has to be opened and don't be fooled into thinking that it cant be detected, it can but highly unlikely by your local dealer :devil:

Opened up is fine, I was at Msl the weekend and they drill the case, I don't really want that as it on top of the engine on the bi turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opened up is fine, I was at Msl the weekend and they drill the case, I don't really want that as it on top of the engine on the bi turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine wasn't but there could be differences in the ECU's that have meant that it is the only way in now I suppose :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom