E63 6.2 exhaust tones.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

350cls

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55k AMG Sold / S211 E320 CDI I6 W212 E63 6.2 N/A saloon.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My first YouTube video of my stock exhaust system on the 63.

I plan on having the Res delete with straight pipes, so I have made a video of the stock system. Sounds rather nice I must say.

More videos to follow once the mods are installed.

Thanks.

I wouldn't make any changes to the standard exhaust system personally, I think it ruins the sound
I’m of the same opinion.

I’ve never tinkered with the exhaust on my cars. Those with a switchable exhaust spend much more time with the valves closed than open. Don’t get me wrong I do like to open them up occasionally but I’m glad I can close them again!

Even when they sound as good as this!!:p

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Having second thoughts about this now :rolleyes:

Sounds awesome!

Just to update, the car is under the knife as I'm posting ;)

All I'm going to say for now is holy s.i.e Batman :rolleyes:

I wouldn't make any changes to the standard exhaust system personally, I think it ruins the sound

They end up sounding metallic and harsh - like wind-up toy soldier drummer boys trapped in a biscuit tin.
V8s sound better when they have that mellifluous off-beat burble come woofle. As Robbie Coltrane described it - ''A V8 sounds as though it can never really be bothered''. They are supposed to sound effortless and unstressed - not straining.

I can say hand on heart, the difference is 100% better. It sounds exactly the same but louder.

The downshifts are brutal, with a secondary bark/ burbal, unsure if the spelling of burbal is correct.

It is the best value for money mod I recon an AMG owner could do to an exhaust. To bring it to life.

I will upload a cold start video when I get a chance and a revving idle video.

The upshifts have more bark and the downshifts are fffffing fantastic.

A big thanks to all who recommended this mod. I was so unsure and was so worried it wouldn't sound like I wanted it to. But I'm over the moon with it.

My 25 year old son, who drives a c250 W204 recons it sounds just right Dad, and it's the best sounding car I have had to date. That's good enough for me. He has more sence than me regarding cars. The money I've spent on them is worrying. But you can't help your passion for such things in life.

Anyway, again thanks to all that advised this would be the mod to go with. Videos dont do this mod justice either. It's sounds so much better in the blood.

I feel like going out again now. Got to take my 3 younger boys out now. They loved the 55k exhaust, I wonder what they will make of the 6.2 with Res delete :rock:

I can say hand on heart, the difference is 100% better. It sounds exactly the same but louder.

The downshifts are brutal, with a secondary bark/ burbal, unsure if the spelling of burbal is correct.

It is the best value for money mod I recon an AMG owner could do to an exhaust. To bring it to life.

A big thanks to all who recommended this mod. I was so unsure and was so worried it wouldn't sound like I wanted it to. But I'm over the moon with it.

My 25 year old son, who drives a c250 W204 recons it sounds just right Dad, and it's the best sounding car I have had to date. That's good enough for me. He has more sence than me regarding cars. The money I've spent on them is worrying. But you can't help your passion for such things in life.

Anyway, again thanks to all that advised this would be the mod to go with. Videos dont do this mod justice either. It's sounds so much better in the blood.

I feel like going out again now. Got to take my 3 younger boys out now. They loved the 55k exhaust, I wonder what they will make of the 6.2 with Res delete :rock:
Niceee! Look forward to hearing a cold start 🥶🥶🥶

Niceee! Look forward to hearing a cold start 🥶🥶🥶

I bet my neighbour's won't lol.

You have got to do it Josh, you won't be disappointed lol :thumb:

They end up sounding metallic and harsh - like wind-up toy soldier drummer boys trapped in a biscuit tin.
V8s sound better when they have that mellifluous off-beat burble come woofle. As Robbie Coltrane described it - ''A V8 sounds as though it can never really be bothered''. They are supposed to sound effortless and unstressed - not straining.
Mrs D doesn’t like it when I drive in manual mode (very very rare) because she says it sounds like the engine is trying to hard, and it shouldn’t! 😁

I’m looking forward to the videos 👍🏻

I’m looking forward to the videos 👍🏻

So am I :) :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom