E63 6.2 exhaust tones.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They end up sounding metallic and harsh - like wind-up toy soldier drummer boys trapped in a biscuit tin.
V8s sound better when they have that mellifluous off-beat burble come woofle. As Robbie Coltrane described it - ''A V8 sounds as though it can never really be bothered''. They are supposed to sound effortless and unstressed - not straining.

Says the man who's user name is "Bellow"

That exhaust note out lol :thumb:

Says the man who's user name is "Bellow"

That exhaust note out lol :thumb:

Took my user name from the author.
And I have a V8 - but no desire to inflict it on those who'd rather not hear it - or prefer to sleep (like doctors and nurses have to during the day).

Took my user name from the author.
And I have a V8 - but no desire to inflict it on those who'd rather not hear it - or prefer to sleep (like doctors and nurses have to during the day).

I'd rather not hear a lot of things but a V8 is one of the more likeable noises life has to offer.

Ear plugs are available to who need sleep during the day!! Other industries also work Nightshifts.

Also, dependent on where one wishes to wake up the dead with exhaust sounds. :dk:.

I told you you wouldn't regret it.;)

Your never to far wrong Roger lol :thumb:

I've noticed the exhaust tips are just sticking out that bit more, which I think gives the rear a better appearance, inhances the pipes better. Just got to clean them now. ;)

I've noticed the exhaust tips are just sticking out that bit more, which I think gives the rear a better appearance, inhances the pipes better.

When i had the CL Tips removed to be Re-Chromed i had them put back half " so you could see the AMG logo. :thumb:

When i had the CL Tips removed to be Re-Chromed i had them put back half " so you could see the AMG logo. :thumb:

That's what caught my eye yesterday, when returning home, the AMG stamp looking up at me. I know the tips/exhaust does expand with the heat the pipe work generates but mine now do protrude that lightly bit more when cold and when hotrod hot. For the better in my opinion :rock:

I dont think it sounds that much different on a cold start to be honest.

So much more pronounced now on heavy throttle. Downshifts and upshifts definitely more pronounced. The down are quite something, it's like, you pull the paddle and it goes, Brrrrrr, then rrrruuuffff rrrruuufff, like a angry St Bernard, Labrador dog lol.

My 10 year old son thinks it's great, especially as we have a couple of tunnels in our approximately. Best mod to date dad with a big grin, bless him. I'll give the 8 year old a little a listen tomorrow.

The car seems even more settled at idle also. Due to the straight pipes I guess.

Overall it brings the exhaust note to life under medium to heavy throttle so much better. Just pottering around you wouldn't even suspect it's had an exhaust mod.

More to follow.....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cold start, Res delete. Not much different from the stock system.

Played back to back with the stock exhaust there is hardly any difference. Bet it sound great on the throttle though.
Mine sounds much louder after the resonator delete.
I won't spoil your thread with comparison videos though.

Played back to back with the stock exhaust there is hardly any difference. Bet it sound great on the throttle though.
Mine sounds much louder after the resonator delete.
I won't spoil your thread with comparison videos though.

I take it you can watch the videos I uploaded. I for some reason can't:dk:

Upload your videos by all means it will be good to compare. I'm not that much of a fuss pot lol.

On heavy throttle it sounds great. Lightly footed It's as quite as stock.

Need to make a revving and drive by vid.

Void post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom