E63 6.2 Polished

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

350cls

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55k AMG Sold / S211 E320 CDI I6 W212 E63 6.2 N/A saloon.
:wallbash:

Last edited:
I thought I had the uploading of pictures sorted, but it seems not :doh:

IMG-20200407-WA0012

IMG-20200407-WA0010

Couple from today I took, after washing and polishing the car. I used T- cut.

Is it no good?

To be fair, that’s not T-cut as most of you will know it. It’s a colour filling, light hand glaze - more like SRP or any of the other hand applied ‘all in one’ products.

I remember it from back in the day - it was good at hiding tiny stone chips on black cars ;)

Is the stuff I'm using above not the best of stuff?

It's says 3 in one. And it seemed to work really well.

Thanks

T-cut colour fast is a lot easier guys than T/cut original in the red can.

there’s also another one by Turtlewax , called black box.

Which is very similar both products are fine and mask defects , but better to eradicate the defects for good if you have the time.

T-cut colour fast is a lot easier guys than T/cut original in the red can.

there’s also another one by Turtlewax , called black box.

Which is very similar both products are fine and mask defects , but better to eradicate the defects for good if you have the time.

I put the slightest of scratches on passenger side front door and wing mirror, and see this in Halfords. So that's what I originally bought it for. It worked fabulous. And has worked it's magic. So I decided to give the car a polish.

Yes its good stuff, we also sell it :thumb: The 63 looks great btw :)

It wasn't even a scratch as such. It didn't scratch the paint at all. It was a poxy thorn bush. And I just cault one stem ever so slightly and it just left a faint line. I managed to buff it out thankfully.

Yes its good stuff, we also sell it :thumb: The 63 looks great btw :)

Thanks Gav. It's a decent ride. I'm really happy with it. I did set out originally to get an estate when I first purchase my 55k. But that didn't turn out. And then I did plan to get the estate in this model, which didn't turn out. But like said I'm very happy with it.

I have the use of the E320 CDI which is nice. Although I haven't driven that now since the lockdown. Both amazing rides they really are.

Everyone sh!ts when they hear 'T-Cut'. As said the old school stuff in a red bottle was a bit harsh and not designed for use on lacquered cars. I mean technically it's still a polish but not micro abrasive so could be harsher than needed.

What the OP has used is that bit more modern and looks to have left a rather nice finish so good work.

If you're looking for an all in one product that will polish and protect by hand, have a look at Dodo Juice Need for Speed. It's a light polish that leaves a layer of carnauba wax behind. Not too harsh at all and nice and easy to use. :)

Everyone sh!ts when they hear 'T-Cut'. As said the old school stuff in a red bottle was a bit harsh and not designed for use on lacquered cars. I mean technically it's still a polish but not micro abrasive so could be harsher than needed.

What the OP has used is that bit more modern and looks to have left a rather nice finish so good work.

If you're looking for an all in one product that will polish and protect by hand, have a look at Dodo Juice Need for Speed. It's a light polish that leaves a layer of carnauba wax behind. Not too harsh at all and nice and easy to use. :)

When the Likes of Halfords open again. I will try some of the Dodo juice.

Thanks for the recommendation :thumb:

I do wash the car with a product called triple wax turtle Wax shampoo. I did have a bottle that attaches to our jet wash that applies a foam to the car. I need to get a new bottle attachment.

Once this lockdown is lifted I plan to get quite a few products to use on the cars.

You'll likely only find Dodo Juice online I'm afraid mate, don't think Halfords stock it but I may be wrong. Elite Car Care are worth a look for online stuff. :)

Sounds like you have a plan haha. I'm always ordering bits and pieces. Car looks good though, good that we have time to lavish on our cars in the current climate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom