E63 6.2 review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

350cls

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55k AMG Sold / S211 E320 CDI I6 W212 E63 6.2 N/A saloon.

10 year old review, but reads very well. Drives just how it's discribed also. Fantastic all-rounder.

The shape of the car is stunning to this day in my opinion. From every angle.

The higher reving tachometer of the 6.2 is a lovely touch. You can rarely reach full throttle.

Multi-contour dynamic seats are superb as well. The massage function is fantastic. Really ease the burden of a long journey.

I never got on with the W212 seats myself. They look nice, but I just found them uncomfortable on long journeys. Too flat on the base/back I think?

C
I never got on with the W212 seats myself. They look nice, but I just found them uncomfortable on long journeys. Too flat on the base/back I think?

Couldn't disagree more. But that's your opinion. these are the most comfortable I've sat in. And find them to get even more comfortable the longer the journey goes 😂😂😂😂. I didn't want to get out the car when we arrived the summer before last, heading down to Cornwall.

So many adjustable options on these seats I find them amazing to be honest.

Funny enough, it was on a 300 mile trip to the South West that I remember being uncomfortable in my E63 6.2 M156 pre-facelift ;)

Literally 3 hours in I was trying all of the adjustments and seat controls to no avail, squirming around in the seats but couldn’t get comfortable.

The same journey in my older S211 E55s was like sitting in an armchair on a magic carpet. Even on trips to Europe of twice that distance I don’t remember any discomfort.

A personal thing but they’re definitely a bit flat compared to other MB seats :)

You have a boney **** butt by the sounds of it!!!! 😉😂

Funnily enough, I found the seats in my E55k to be not so comfortable on the longer journey's.

The seats in our e320 are comfortable more so the my previous E55k

By far the most comfortable I've sat in are the multi- contour massaging seats. With the heat option on 😂😉

It’s good that you’ve found a car that suits your needs so well Tom.

Is there anything about it you don’t like? :)

The thirst factor is the biggest negative. . The inconvenience of filling it up so often With Vpower octane.

Being really really negative would be the front end having springs instead of airbags like the 55k. But saying that the W212 wouldn't have the agility and performance the chassis others if it had the airbags the w211 AMG has.

Saying this you adjust to the slight difference in road quality the w212 offers over the w211. It certainly leaves the w211 chassis behind on a agility front. Much for the better in my opinion. And from the supposed " in the know folk"

Not sure it's been highlighted enough with this size of vehicle. Is how capable and flexible the shell is on the W212. It feels half the size when you are going at it on twisty country/ mountain roads. It really should be mentioned more of how a very heavy car can feel like half its size on a agility front.

Combined with the 6.2 high reving engine, it really makes for a special car. And to experienced and appreciated by V8 owners in a lifetime.

Not sure if the estate feels like the saloon but the saloon is a great place to be with this engine and chassis set up, in my ownership time frame. Then there's the exhaust noise 💥🚀. Could go on all day about this engine/car...................

The thirst factor is the biggest negative. . The inconvenience of filling it up so often With Vpower octane.

Being really really negative would be the front end having springs instead of airbags like the 55k. But saying that the W212 wouldn't have the agility and performance the chassis others if it had the airbags the w211 AMG has.

Saying this you adjust to the slight difference in road quality the w212 offers over the w211. It certainly leaves the w211 chassis behind on a agility front. Much for the better in my opinion. And from the supposed " in the know folk"
Not sure if anyone mentioned, but the later 5.5 Bi-turbo M157 engine offered better fuel economy, as well as increased torque? :cool: ;)

Not sure if anyone mentioned, but the later 5.5 Bi-turbo M157 engine offered better fuel economy, as well as increased torque? :cool: ;)

Didn't give as higher red line and better exhaust sound like the 6.2 😉

I guess regards the M156, what it lacks in torque is made up for by excessive talk.

But the only trouble is that exhaust sound is drowned out by all that droning? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom