E63 6.2 review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

What a bunch !!!

Without reading the whole thread, What is the Conclusion/Summary of the Review?? ๐Ÿคฃ

Without reading the whole thread, What is the Conclusion/Summary of the Review?? ๐Ÿคฃ

Well, regarding to most who have replied it's a total off centerd piece of crap. But what do they know. As long as owners of the actual car are happy that's all that counts I guess.

Had it out this morning to my boys football. The seats are as comfortable as any I've ever sat in. And the supposed off centerd pedals/ steering wheel I couldn't spot or feel. So my conclusions are it's not a bad "old V8 AMG" to be pottering around in. Works for me ๐Ÿ˜‰

I think the w201 190 steering wheel/seat position is off alignment if thats the correct terminology lol, Infact i heard its Mercedes in General non that i've notice in my 211 but i will have a look in abit.

Yes to F17 ANT

What a lovely guy. Came up with his wife, had a good look and thats it done.
Good to hear pal, there are (still!) some great people to deal with on here.

Reactions: HB
The M156 is the best engine ever made

(until the OP replaces it, then *that* will be the best)

What version W212 did you have again?

You didn't answer me the first time!

I haven't once stated it's the " best" engine.

I've said it's a great engine!!!

It won the "BEST" engine award years ago!!

So as promised, I can confirm the steering/seating being off alignment is a Mercedes thing not just the 212, this is my 2004 e55, phone in the centre of head rest taking picture, you can see the wheel is about 5 degrees off centre.
C39A5FDE-63C0-4E39-ACE8-94DBB7201D24.jpeg
Dam i love a torquey car 469 HP @ 6100 RPM; 516 LB-FT which is why i like Forced induction ;)

Last edited:
I hadn't realised the E55 was off centre like that.

It can't have affected me then.

I wonder if my current steed is too now not that it really matters as I have no issues in there either.

I guess it's more an issue if you are sensitive to that sort of thing.

We referring to the actual steering wheel being off center,

Looking at the picture the pedals seem to be to the right of center of the wheel.

You can't mention other engines on this thread!! come on guys it's not fair I'm not having this ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

M156 ๐Ÿ’ฅ or nothing ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Looking at the picture the pedals seem to be to the right of center of the wheel.

You can't mention other engines on this thread!! come on guys it's not fair I'm not having this ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

M156 ๐Ÿ’ฅ or nothing ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Those who know, know -

; 0 )

Draw a line down the centre of the steering wheel. Its to the left of centre of the seat.
So the seat is offset to the right and something I never noticed before in either the 211 or 212.
The steering wheel isn't central to the cluster either if the speedo is dead centre.

I would like to just add I do like forced induction but I also like natural aspirated power.

At this current time I have a N/A powered car. And it is quite something. Something to be experienced if you are a V8 petrol head nut. ๐Ÿ˜‰

All I see is the center of the steering wheel isn't at the 12 o'clock position. It looks more 5 to 12.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest having had the the w211 saloon s211 and now the w212.

I was thinking yesterday that the seating position is not directly in front of the pedals - I feel that I could do with the pedals being moved to the left so my right leg was out in front of me, rather than angled to the right.

I would like to just add I do like forced induction but I also like natural aspirated power.

At this current time I have a N/A powered car. And it is quite something. Something to be experienced if you are a V8 petrol head nut. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Agreed, id like to experience the 6.2, Not sure if i could live with one and the added worry of its foibles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom