E63 A Whole Different Car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jim G

Car
Weistec Supercharged E63
Ok where to start, well I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night with the anticipation of picking up my E63 from MSL today, Acid kindly put a video up on Thursday which I watched countless times at work on Friday and it sounded absolutely ‘Mental + Insane’ to coin Acid’s phrases.

Anyway got train down to Birmingham this morning with my mate Chris, and the conversation pretty much all the way down was the mods I’d had done, Chris having also seen the video that Acid had posted up commented on Acid’s phone, Chris’s exact words were:

“Acid must have a top quality phone, as every phone most people try and record the sound of their cars on sounds a bit understated and poor, but your car sounds great on his phone”

(Keep this quote in mind for later on) :thumb:

You have to keep in mind that as far as both myself and Acid couldn’t find anything after trawling the internet for hours looking for information and to see if anyone had done the exhaust work to a right hand drive E63 and we drew a blank, Acid even said to me at the start of the works, that it may not work and he may not be able to do it, it would be a trail + error project, so I’ll make the bold statement on Acid’s behalf that this could be (and probably is) the only right hand drive E63 in the world with IPE long tube headers and a straight through 3” system.

Well done MSL. :thumb:

Anyway arrived at MSL and I really couldn’t wait to get a look at it, Acid met us in his ever welcoming manner, and took us for a look at the car, to be honest I didn’t even take note of the new boot spoiler :doh: I just wanted to fire it up, so with Chris stood behind the car and Acid to the side I flicked the key………………. What a noise :devil::devil::devil::devil: I took the lords name in vein (sorry) and gave Acid a massive pat on the back Chris S**t himself and stumbled backwards, remember that quote, well it turns out Acids phone is just as poor as everyone else’s at recording sound on videos, the video doesn’t do the car justice, I’m not saying this to blow sunshine up Acid’s rear end (because he knows how good he + his team are) or because it’s my car but I have never heard anything like it on wheels :bannana: and I’ve heard my fair share of supercars around the place, it’s sort of like the Ascari A10 that was on Top Gear only louder, SAVAGE doesn’t do it justice either.

I can only compare it to an old V10 F1 car (only heard them on the telly mind) but it is just insane :D now I know this is going to be an acquired taste and I can imagine more than half of the car loving public will think it’s too loud, but I love it, we drove to the local shell station and the looks we had and that was driving normally 30 – 40 Mph, the best sight was upon leaving the station while starting up mine the bloke at the pump next to us nearly fell out of his car he was so surprised.
It was at this point while filling up I noticed the boot spoiler, nice in matt black really sets off the back of the car.

As with the standard exhaust it comes alive at 4000 Rpm + above and I’ve now renamed my accelerator pedal as the giggle peddle, because now every time I accelerate I have a big smile on my face and start laughing :D (Just ask Acid or Developer).

So back at MSL and John (Developer) came down in his S212 E63, we dropped the car off round at the valet bay and had some of that legendary chicken for dinner (thanks once again for that Acid) :thumb: then it was time to collect the car for the videos + photo shoot.

Now the other mods I had done were a wavetrek LSD, remap + sprint booster, so now back on the ‘Straight’ we can see how they are all working together, so I can feel the extra power that the exhaust system + remap provide as when you floor it you can’t move out of the seat as you’re stuck to it :eek: so as for the LSD now I know everyone normally goes for Quaife, but I took Acids word that there was not a lot of difference and I can state it’s good, traction control fully disabled (not on sport) got the revs up off the break and a little wheel spin but really not much, grip almost from the word go and off like a rocket (but I must say that I’ve never driven a car with a Quaife LSD so I can’t make a comparison), as for the sprint booster I know there are countless threads saying good mod and loads that say don’t bother now as long as you understand what it does you’ll be fine it amplifies the voltage to trick the ecu into thinking that you are applying more power than you actually are, it does not add any power itself, now if you can think of the quickest that you can accelerate normally this will amplify the voltage so you can accelerate quicker (factions of a second all be it) but it does pick up a little of the lag, not all of it but I’d say 25% or so, so in my eyes worth the money, but do get the one with the switchable modes as I have done because it’s a pain and could be a bit tricky while trying to reverse with it still in race, you may just miss that parking space :doh:;)

So a couple of good runs up and down :D (the grin is now making my face ache, and while writing this I’ve still got it) while Acid gets some videos and then a nice photo shoot with a CL63 Bi turbo.

It was then time to head back up the M1 home and boy did we get some looks on the way home even from 2 Ferrari (458 + 599) drivers as we tore past them making a racket, a very nice 3 hour drive even surprised that there is a slight drone at 2000 Rpm, but really not that much I thought that it would be worse, it’s when you push the giggle pedal the noise picks up, in the week I’ve got a DB meter for working on fire alarms so I’m going to go somewhere remote and see what it pushes out DB wise, but I can guarantee I won’t be allowed on any track days with it (even the 105 DB ones)

Now I was going to post a video up but it can’t do the car any justice, so I’ll let Acid put his up from the day but I still don’t think you’ll get the full effect, it has to be heard in the flesh to properly abuse your senses :devil::devil::devil::devil:

I think I’ve covered everything here but if anyone has any questions I’d be more than happy to answer them, I’ll also add anything If I think of anything else.

I’m also giving rides and available for party + wedding hire for a small charge if you want to be heard 10 minutes before you arrive, all proceeds going of course to charity as I want everyone to share in my joy……………… and the most deserving charity I could think of is the “let’s get Jimmy’s E63 a stage 2 super charger charity” it’s not registered yet but I am looking into it :thumb:

Thank you once again to Acid, Imran + all at MSL for turning out a great custom job, which I love :bannana:

Thanks Lads.

Awesome Jim.

Really pleased it all went well for you and it does sound amazing. :)

Bet it was brilliant driving home in it. :)

Hi Jim, I was at MSL when they were making the exhaust! I heard the before fitting & after fitting, my lady wet herself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a fantastic welding/fitting job was done by them, but to hear the finished job was something else! Hope you keep the grin :)

Has it increased the power output or just the noise?

Has it increased the power output or just the noise?

Yes, power output will be up but will need to be tested next month to ascertain how much from stock, but from suggested manufactures figures approx. 570 ish maybe, based on their figures being correct for the long tube headers + remap.

This doesn't take into account most of the exhaust system though as its a custom build, so I shall report back once I have a set of figures to compare.

Just test it with a stopwatch...well you could if you had before figures.

From the timing difference (or even just the timing), the output can be calculated. In reality it's irrelevant, the car is either quicker, or it isn't.

Just test it with a stopwatch...well you could if you had before figures.

From the timing difference (or even just the timing), the output can be calculated. In reality it's irrelevant, the car is either quicker, or it isn't.

Yeah it's a fair bit quicker than before, with better traction.

Yeah it's a fair bit quicker than before, with better traction.

How do you know?

Without wishing to sound pedantic, how can it have more traction? Isn't that a function of the tyre/road interface?

How do you know?

Without wishing to sound pedantic, how can it have more traction? Isn't that a function of the tyre/road interface?

I've driven the car enough to be able to tell and the new diff doesn't spin up the rears as much as the old one pulling away.

But at the end of the day all I wished to achieve from this exercise was a better exhaust sound, which MSL provided in abundance, with everything apart from the LSD + spoiler geared around this, I didn't really mind too much with regards to everything else.

I've driven the car enough to be able to tell and the new diff doesn't spin up the rears as much as the old one pulling away.

Yes, sorry, hadn't noticed you had an LSD slipped in as well.

A diff, not a tab...

WTF that sounds mental! N I thought my clk was loud!

What's been done to the exhaust?

I can tell you, having almost experienced ear bleed, that however loud you may think it is, it's louder.

A whole new meaning to "loud and proud" :thumb:.

Sounds awesome, I see what you mean when you say sounds like a F1 car!!!

Last edited:
Sound's nut's

My exhaust is standard and when I get home the wee one(2yr old) is running around the house shouting "daddy here"

Your's would wake up the next city, I'v always wanted a silly loud exhaust but never had the ball's to do it, plus all my neighbours have always been good so don't want to cause problems with them.

great job by Acid and the team

Sound's nut's

My exhaust is standard and when I get home the wee one(2yr old) is running around the house shouting "daddy here"

Your's would wake up the next city, I'v always wanted a silly loud exhaust but never had the ball's to do it, plus all my neighbours have always been good so don't want to cause problems with them.

great job by Acid and the team

I know what you mean about neighbours but seeing as next door and the house opposite race bikes on a weekend I knew I'd be safe as on a Friday night they'll be in their respective garages tinkering away and revving up a 2 stroke to 13000 + stupid Rpm, I'll have a retaliation weapon now :D
The rest are pretty good and most into cars we have a few loud Audi's and a beemer along out street so as long as I'm not starting it up and revving it every day at silly o'clock I don't expect any crossed words.

Surprisingly when it comes to kids we've all just been out for mothers day, and on the way back the kids fell asleep in the car!!!!! they're both off for hearing tests 1st thing in the morning :D

I hope not...F1 is so quiet now!

LOL

The old V10 ones :D

A standard 63 exhaust note is better than the current F1 flock :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom