E63 AMG Coupe - denied

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Isnt the E class coupe just a C class coupe in different clothes? That being the case the E and C AMG coupes would look very similar

I personally think the C63 coupe makes a better AMG than an E63 AMG would. I think the E looks a bit long to go up against the likes of the M4 and the RS5. The C looks very suited to that group.

BUT.

I think they should of done an E63 cabriolet. There's nothing to go up against the M4 Cabriolet or the RS5 cabriolet! There's no 4 seater fast convertible anymore :(. They always done it with the CLK.

Maybe there isn't a big enough market for it, I'm sure Mercedes have done more research than me! I personally think there ought to be one though :).

Jack

Well, as David T99 just more-or-less said, the E-class and C-class coupe are based on the same C-class floorpan, so you could argue they would compete for the same sales.

Judging from the article, MB might well agree with you on the E63 cabrio as well.

As for the RS5 and M4, from the road tests they're not as fast - in a straight line, anyway - as an eleven-year-old E55K. That's progress for you....

Last edited:
E55BOF said:
Well, as David T99 just more-or-less said, the E-class and C-class coupe are based on the same C-class floorpan, so you could argue they would compete for the same sales. Judging from the article, MB might well agree with you on the E63 cabrio as well. As for the RS5 and M4, from the road tests they're not as fast - in a straight line, anyway - as an eleven-year-old E55K. That's progress for you....

I agree on that.

Yeah, think the cabrio would of been a good idea.

Yeah, my friend had an E92 M3. I did love the car, and every magazine, reviewer etc said the M3 was the best in its class. But for me I'd still have a C63. The M3 won its awards for being a fast family car that is phenomenal round the track. But I will never go on a track, and I think the C63 is a much better fast family car.

The M4 does look very nice but I think now with the 6 cylinder engine it's lost a lot of its character, it's lost the sound it had. On paper it is obviously a better car but I personally wouldn't want one.
I don't rate the RS5 at all to be honest, I think they look nice and that's about it. But if I was a fan I'd just get an A5 diesel, or even an S5.

But if you want a convertible with 4 seats, unfortunately AMG don't cater anymore :(.

C Cabrio in development I believe

There is also going to be a S class convertible. Not sure whether there will be an AMG version of that?

blue gnome123 said:
There is also going to be a S class convertible. Not sure whether there will be an AMG version of that?

That will be phenomenal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom