E63 AMG gone, replaced by a PIG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheepy67

Car
porsche cayenne turbo
i decided to change back to a 4x4, as much as i loved the 63 engine i just could not get on with the way it looked, i guess i was spoilt after my CLS.

Having had an X5, and finding the range rover to wallowy to drive i decided on a cayenne turbo

here she is

i have fitted DRL's and its lowered on links from lower my air ride, both fitted by MSL

Then it needed new wheels,, 22inch 997 turbo replicas, they reallly work with the car

I know its just a turbo, and the red s badge is fitted in prep for the eurocharged map which will give it 530bhp and 520ft/;b torquw, which is just over s spec.
The skull is in homage to my son who thought it was cool, and who am i to argue with my son and my better half

shiny after a recent clay and polish

This has also had the secondary cat bypass pipes fitted and a partial rear silencer bypass done by imran at torqueflow...it sounds awesome..

I love this thing, more than my E63 and possibly more than my CLS, its really close

Thanks to MSl and torqueflow for the bits and fitting, now just needs rear brakes replacing..

Thanks for looking at a non MB car..

Sheepy

A great looking ride bud :thumb:

Very capable too, by the sound of it :rock:

You did a great job cleaning it up. It looks awesome.

:bannana:

thanks rash, the tailpipes need some of your ocd treatment, don't think they've ever been done. Difficult to get into the corners, AnilS and myself had a bit of a go, but needs some serious attn. Any suggestions?

Looking great - I'll keep an eye out around Cadbury World :thumb:.

Mean looking car, very nice! :) Sure has a lot of street presence! Heard a Turbo S giving it full blast a while back and it sounded awesome! :D

Mean looking car, very nice! :) Sure has a lot of street presence! Heard a Turbo S giving it full blast a while back and it sounded awesome! :D

thanks, think of that one on steroids and you have what mine sounds like, very deep growl and immense when planting the right loud pedal...:devil:

thanks rash, the tailpipes need some of your ocd treatment, don't think they've ever been done. Difficult to get into the corners, AnilS and myself had a bit of a go, but needs some serious attn. Any suggestions?

I'd need to have a look at them to see what you're up against really.

Generally, where there's a will, there's a way.

Hopefully I'll catch up with you soon.. Trax?
I'll have a look-see then.

Awesome car. Very sad that you're no longer in an AMG though :(

:thumb:

Each to their own and I'm glad you like It but the cayenne is a horrific looking car IMO. E63 on the other hand not so much lol.

As long as you're pleased though.:)

yep going to trax in sept, things to do are still...replace the rear light clusters with newer LED ones from the 2008 version, map....loving it.

lovely car sheepy

I like that Sheepy and have looked at these in the past for a family car. One thing puts me off though and that is the MPG, what sort of economy have you been averaging to date?

Cheers
mondie

Hello

Is there a boot badge? above the text as its doen't look like its in the middle.

How many gallons per mile does that do?

I think they look much better inside (depending on your leather taste) than outside imho :)

hi
mpg wise, its pretty similiar to the E63, around town 16/17 mpg haven't really done a run on it yet so don't know what motorway mpg it will return.

The badge on the back is a skull emblem for my eldest son, he was the one that persuaded my other half to let me get this one and he thinks its cool. Who am i to argue...

Interior is nice, better than my 63, in my opinion, but the command system does not live up to expectations, no mp3 compatability or bluetooth, sat nav is on a par though, still pretty useless.

sheepy

Hi Sheepy
Dropped in at Barclay Motors to look for something a bit more sensible as an every day car, spotted the E63 AMG and all that went out the window :Dthe guy only opened the door and started it up and it was sold .
The cars condition is a credit to you.
I agree with you MPG figures but on a good run i managed 25 mpg .
Has the car been remapped ?
Only ask because i Ride a BMW S1000rr wich is pretty rapid and i cannot beleave the car is standard

Mike (micromike)

So 16/17 around town and up to 25mpg on a run out of a Cayenne Turbo? My M5 struggles to better 16mpg and based off that every time I have looked at the Cayenne Turbo I was put of by the potential fuel costs, maybe I need to rethink that

Cheers
mondie

Remember being stuck behind one of these on the M1. I think he must have been on the phone, because he suddenly left me for dead... It was rather impressive.

Hi Sheepy
Dropped in at Barclay Motors to look for something a bit more sensible as an every day car, spotted the E63 AMG and all that went out the window :Dthe guy only opened the door and started it up and it was sold .
The cars condition is a credit to you.
I agree with you MPG figures but on a good run i managed 25 mpg .
Has the car been remapped ?
Only ask because i Ride a BMW S1000rr wich is pretty rapid and i cannot beleave the car is standard

Mike (micromike)

So glad you like the car, yes it has a eurocharged map on it, runs about 540bhp, though never dynoed to confirm.
I had to have it raised on star before they took it off me, so you can lower it back down again with the same method

I miss that engine, the most i had on a run was 29.8 but in general around town i got 17.
Coincidentally i checked barclays today to see if they sold it. Glad it went to a forum member who will appreciate and love it.

enjoy

Sounds optimistic. I got no more than 22mpg on a very careful run and 15mpg around town - normally it was about 11mpg. That with the harsh ride on 20" wheels (22"s must be horrendous!), tyres only lasting 6k miles and the bore scoring issue on the V8 it had to go.

Common issues - Servotronic relay fails (cheap), Coil packs (8 x £50), Cardan shaft / centre bearing failure (£1k), roof leaks, wet footwells (blocked drains), Air suspension pump (£1k) and the aforementioned terminal bore scoring issue. Other than that you get a lot of car for under £15k.

Saw you on Howard Rd by the Red Lion around lunchtime today - the Reg number clicked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom