E63 AMG in Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

focusrs2006

Car
W447 Vito 119 Sport
Just completed my first proper trip in the E63, around Wales, and a small leg of the evo triangle. I must admit, I've been very impressed! 300 miles the first day, and 327 the next. Even after 9 hours driving, I didnt feel any discomfort (even had the massage and vented seats on!)

The range of the cars abilities impressed me, being abke to cruise in great comfort on carriage ways, to belting down amazing Welsh roads in Sport +mode, with the suspension on hard (nice to be able to do that, as the roads around here are an embarrassment!) the more confident I got in it, the more impressed I was, it really didn't feel as heavy as it is, it happily kept up with a n FK8 Type R, and M2, both not hanging around. It wasn't even bad on fuel, some blasts on the twisty roads, to just enjoying the amazing views, and duel carriage ways, it returned 21mpg, it did have a heavy appitate for v power and BP ultimate though! the trip being around Snowdon was a favourite, fantastic views, and lots of stone walls to enjoy the V8!! Just needs a clean now, lots of bugs on the car..

Last edited:
Fantastic, been up that way a few times...I personally love the B roads from Brecon to Bala - always a good day out but it's a trek from Dorset..
Looks like you had an excellent day..!!

Glad you had a great time.

The ability of the W212 E63 to “shrink” when you press on is extraordinary. They really are a great car.

Fantastic, been up that way a few times...I personally love the B roads from Brecon to Bala - always a good day out but it's a trek from Dorset..
Looks like you had an excellent day..!!
Ah yes, I think we did those, amazing roads, and surprisingly little traffic too, which I was was surprised about.

Was a couple of days in the end, left early Saturday morning, then stayed at a lovely pub called the Groes Inn, in Conwy, then the second day, wish I had taken a photo of the odo at the end of the first day too.

Glad you had a great time.

The ability of the W212 E63 to “shrink” when you press on is extraordinary. They really are a great car.
Really is an amazing bit if kit!

Each corner I got to, I pushed a bit harder, each time it went round with ease, the chap in the Type R was surprised how it kept up with that, which is a fantastic handling car

Each corner I got to, I pushed a bit harder, each time it went round with ease
It takes a bit of time to build up confidence because it is a heavy car and you know that it absolutely will bite back if it goes wrong, but once you learn to trust it, it’s capability never fails to astonish.

It takes a bit of time to build up confidence because it is a heavy car and you know that it absolutely will bite back if it goes wrong, but once you learn to trust it, it’s capability never fails to astonish.

Very true there was always a feeling that it was on the verge of biting, some of the roads were quite narrow as well/ had a large drop..

there was always a feeling that it was on the verge of biting
Once you learn to trust it, it’s incredibly easy to balance it on the throttle to transfer the weight forward or back according to need. It actually takes quite significant provocation to make it misbehave.

Glad you had a great time - fantastic looking car, and lovely weather for it. Would love to see how much more supple it is compared to a 'regular' E-class.

Never been a fan of black wheels before but yours look amazing with the silver paint!

Where is the lake in the picture with the three cars?

Glad you had a great time - fantastic looking car, and lovely weather for it. Would love to see how much more supple it is compared to a 'regular' E-class.

Never been a fan of black wheels before but yours look amazing with the silver paint!

Where is the lake in the picture with the three cars?

Thank you :) I just admit, it was the colour that drew me to this particular one. Had a fantastic time, some of the best driving roads I've ever been on, and views too! It would be interesting to see how much has been changed by AMG. It does seem to ride on the hard side, even in comfort mode, not too bad though.

I was the same, I always found black wheels can look lost in the arches, the rim silver seems to break it up nicely, they're caked in brake dust at the moment!

I think it was Lynn Brianne, could have happily sat looking at it all day

Been round Llyn Brianne many times and probably will again some time this week. As said, great driving roads round there and some great viewing spots for a photo shoot.

Been round Llyn Brianne many times and probably will again some time this week. As said, great driving roads round there and some great viewing spots for a photo shoot.
Really is a stunning location, on the day we went, it was very quiet too. I would happily have pulled up anywhere for photos on that road!

Dude i just read your thread on PH. Also went over on AT to look at E63's Have you listed your car for sale with a dealer already!?

Dude i just read your thread on PH. Also went over on AT to look at E63's Have you listed your car for sale with a dealer already!?

Ah yes, thought I would pop the trip on there too :)

Still have the E63, for some reason, they've not removed the advert from there. Will be holding on to this one for a while I think!

Last edited:
Ah yes, thought I would pop the trip on there too :)

Still have the E63, for some reason, they've not removed the advert from there. Will be holding on to this one for a while I think!

Thank god lol I was thinking this is some weird deja vu stuff.

I went from reading 'readers cars' on PH to stumbling on your thread with the pics of your recent road trip to getting itchy fingers and looking at Autotrader and matching your number plates :cool:

Good to see your keeping it, i'm currently weighing up a W212 E63 with the view of going MSL Stage 2 or a Nissan GTR Stage 4.5 :>

The colour of yours is sublime and is kind of making me want a merc.

Anyways lovely motor and pictures.

i'm currently weighing up a W212 E63 with the view of going MSL Stage 2 or a Nissan GTR Stage 4.5
Hard to imagine two more different cars: Do you want to be in a jet-propelled armchair, or the spin cycle of a washing machine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom