E63 AMG in Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sounds like that will be a good one!

I've just had a look at balcony roads 😳
Bet it's interesting meeting another car coming the other way!

I'll bet the car sounds good reverberating around the walls though!
It get's interesting when there's 4 or 5 of us in convoy - meeting the locals is always entertaining....as for the tunnels & cliff walls, the V8 sounds fantastic..

It get's interesting when there's 4 or 5 of us in convoy - meeting the locals is always entertaining....as for the tunnels & cliff walls, the V8 sounds fantastic..

I'll bet!! I bet the locals don't hang around on those roads either.

That route looks brilliant, and stunning views too 🙂

LSD + remap = maybe as quick as a 213 in the dry...?

my stage 2 car is similar 60-130mph with a mapped 213, I think it would take a lot to be able to keep up 0-60mph though as the new car launches so quick even standard! The best I’ve managed is 3.80s… I am itching to get out for a decent road trip in mine, I’m currently in Cornwall and have driven down form the NW and the car couldn’t have been more perfect for the journey really, it did 30mpg on the way down carrying tonnes of stuff and the family but the roads down here are a bit small for the beast really!

Attachments

• 7B91C37D-6D70-4BEC-BE50-371008A98762.png
    7B91C37D-6D70-4BEC-BE50-371008A98762.png
    489.5 KB · Views: 2
There's some great B roads across Cornwall & Devon - it's finding them empty that's the problem...
Exactly what I have found! I’ve also got my pregnant wife and daughter with me most of the Journeys so that prevents play haha

Exactly what I have found! I’ve also got my pregnant wife and daughter with me most of the Journeys so that prevents play haha
Hence 30mpg 🤣

my stage 2 car is similar 60-130mph with a mapped 213, I think it would take a lot to be able to keep up 0-60mph though as the new car launches so quick even standard! The best I’ve managed is 3.80s… I am itching to get out for a decent road trip in mine, I’m currently in Cornwall and have driven down form the NW and the car couldn’t have been more perfect for the journey really, it did 30mpg on the way down carrying tonnes of stuff and the family but the roads down here are a bit small for the beast really!
Yeah no chance off the line generally, but impressive on the move. Great figures 👍

That's what I find sometimes, with the 2 year old daughter in the car. I seem to use that for an economy run (if that's possible!)
My daughter loves a bit of acceleration to be fair it’s more my wife haha… I know what you mean, since I had the downpipes fitted the low Rev rumble is better so it’s no issue rumbling around anyways haha

Was great fun, has made me appreciate the car even more, knowing how able it is/what a range of abilities it has.

Nice! You've certainly been getting some use out of it :) that looks like a fantastic route as well. Your right there, it really is enjoyable at low speeds as well, that V8 seems to sound sublime at any revs, but it is nice to burble around at normal speeds. It certainly does seem lively in the wet! When are you doing the trip to Scotland?
Mate, the Scotland trip has been on my mind for months now, even before I got this car but I think I need a good week. I'm heading out to Yorkshire to see a best mate and could head out to Scotland but there's not much time. Last did a Scotland trip in early 2020 . What about yourself?

Did Wales twice on each bank Holiday and the a4069 multiple times. It wasn't busy at all up there which was great.

One thing I love about this car is in sport handling , once you take up to around 40, switch to 3rd gear and put your foot down, then the acceleration from there is absolutely brutal🤣.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210625-223738_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210625-223738_Maps.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 2
LSD + remap = maybe as quick as a 213 in the dry...?
Sadly not, the w213 is on another level. The AWD on the 213 means it puts down its power.the 212 is already overpowered so you'll only feel the tune at 70mph upwards I imagine 😆

The AWD w212 s version though is phenomenal in terms of speed and with a tune , I think it will be on another level.

My daughter loves a bit of acceleration to be fair it’s more my wife haha… I know what you mean, since I had the downpipes fitted the low Rev rumble is better so it’s no issue rumbling around anyways haha

Ah, know how you feel there! The other half doesn't seem to like the feeling, and that's standard, can only imagine how it pulls with the power yours has. That's one of the main things that I enjoy with the car, is that be enjoyed at low speeds as well, just enjoying the engine rumble.

Sadly not, the w213 is on another level. The AWD on the 213 means it puts down its power.the 212 is already overpowered so you'll only feel the tune at 70mph upwards I imagine 😆

The AWD w212 s version though is phenomenal in terms of speed and with a tune , I think it will be on another level.
I'm not so sure, intriguing. Lots of caveats, but... Good tyres and road and lsd, 40mph+ I'm not sure 213 would be any quicker. There's no wheelspin with those conditions and 750lb/ft....

Needs to be tested 🤔

Mate, the Scotland trip has been on my mind for months now, even before I got this car but I think I need a good week. I'm heading out to Yorkshire to see a best mate and could head out to Scotland but there's not much time. Last did a Scotland trip in early 2020 . What about yourself?

Did Wales twice on each bank Holiday and the a4069 multiple times. It wasn't busy at all up there which was great.

One thing I love about this car is in sport handling , once you take up to around 40, switch to 3rd gear and put your foot down, then the acceleration from there is absolutely brutal🤣.

Definitely want a good week for the trip!
I've not been for a driving trip there before, there was talk of the NC500 sometime, but getting the time to do it is the tricky bit. I may be doing another road trip at the end of July, not sure where though.

It really does seem to give a shove in the back!
The speed of the gear changes I find really impressive too, and the crack sound on the up shift :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom