E63 AMG in Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thank god lol I was thinking this is some weird deja vu stuff.

I went from reading 'readers cars' on PH to stumbling on your thread with the pics of your recent road trip to getting itchy fingers and looking at Autotrader and matching your number plates :cool:

Good to see your keeping it, i'm currently weighing up a W212 E63 with the view of going MSL Stage 2 or a Nissan GTR Stage 4.5 :>

The colour of yours is sublime and is kind of making me want a merc.

Anyways lovely motor and pictures.

I do tend to go through cars quite quickly usually.. But I do think I'll keep this one for a while, such a brilliant 'do everything' car, and sounds fantastic. I must admit, the colour of this one was one of the things that drew me to it.

They do seem to produce some great numbers, there's a readers cars thread by a chap on pistonheads getting very impressive numbers from his at stage 2. I'll be looking to get the MSL stage 1 soon hopefully.

I do like the GTR, they do seem to hold their value well.

Hard to imagine two more different cars: Do you want to be in a jet-propelled armchair, or the spin cycle of a washing machine?

Haha i know right, i don't need a luxo barge so the GTR is getting a bit more love at the moment.

I do tend to go through cars quite quickly usually.. But I do think I'll keep this one for a while, such a brilliant 'do everything' car, and sounds fantastic. I must admit, the colour of this one was one of the things that drew me to it.

They do seem to produce some great numbers, there's a readers cars thread by a chap on pistonheads getting very impressive numbers from his at stage 2. I'll be looking to get the MSL stage 1 soon hopefully.

I do like the GTR, they do seem to hold their value well.

Check out @Alps on here hes E63 is something also theres another guy with a black one i can't remember his name both pushing near 700.

Been round Llyn Brianne many times and probably will again some time this week. As said, great driving roads round there and some great viewing spots for a photo shoot.
The last time I went around Llyn Brianne was over 50 years ago. I was a chainboy with a survey company and we had to mark out the final waterline of the dam so all the trees could be cut down before the dam was operational, so not quite as pleasant.

Check out @Alps on here hes E63 is something also theres another guy with a black one i can't remember his name both pushing near 700.
I think there's a few with MSL 212 E63s... @AMGeed @Carlos1985 and mine for example all high 600s bhp. Sure many more. But it's the torque that's really impressive... ~750lbft.

Was @Alps One with hybrid turbos?

I keep toying with the idea of stage 2 but as with most cars it's much more cost for the gains and potentially more issues...

I think there's a few with MSL 212 E63s... @AMGeed @Carlos1985 and mine for example all high 600s bhp. Sure many more. But it's the torque that's really impressive... ~750lbft.

I keep toying with the idea of stage 2 but as with most cars it's much more cost for the gains and potentially more issues...
Mine did 756hp and 897lbft on stage 2

Hi Rich

I have since sold the E63 (in my avatar), but it was crammed with Wiestec bits, header,s downpipes, wiestic race spec rebuilt gearbox, carbon airbag, wiestic turbos.

When I bought it it was running circa 800bhp, but after about 20 odd revised tunes we had it running a tad over 900 bhp.

I had my fun for 2 years in it, but it was a license looser so I decided to sell it before that happened :)

I think maybe a map and downpipes would give it that little extra and make it a safe drivable daily.

Alps

Hi Rich

I have since sold the E63 (in my avatar), but it was crammed with Wiestec bits, header,s downpipes, wiestic race spec rebuilt gearbox, carbon airbag, wiestic turbos.

When I bought it it was running circa 800bhp, but after about 20 odd revised tunes we had it running a tad over 900 bhp.

I had my fun for 2 years in it, but it was a license looser so I decided to sell it before that happened :)

I think maybe a map and downpipes would give it that little extra and make it a safe drivable daily.

Alps
Wow, the full works! Must have been absolutely awesome.

I guess much more than map and downpipes probably needs some gearbox strengthening? And aren't the piston rings the reason some tuners limit power even stage 1?

I definitely feel the need for a bit more than just a map, even though it's great fun at that level!

Just completed my first proper trip in the E63, around Wales, and a small leg of the evo triangle. I must admit, I've been very impressed! 300 miles the first day, and 327 the next. Even after 9 hours driving, I didnt feel any discomfort (even had the massage and vented seats on!)

The range of the cars abilities impressed me, being abke to cruise in great comfort on carriage ways, to belting down amazing Welsh roads in Sport +mode, with the suspension on hard (nice to be able to do that, as the roads around here are an embarrassment!) the more confident I got in it, the more impressed I was, it really didn't feel as heavy as it is, it happily kept up with a n FK8 Type R, and M2, both not hanging around. It wasn't even bad on fuel, some blasts on the twisty roads, to just enjoying the amazing views, and duel carriage ways, it returned 21mpg, it did have a heavy appitate for v power and BP ultimate though! the trip being around Snowdon was a favourite, fantastic views, and lots of stone walls to enjoy the V8!! Just needs a clean now, lots of bugs on the car..

Hard to imagine two more different cars: Do you want to be in a jet-propelled armchair, or the spin cycle of a washing machine?
:)

Sounds like a great trip! Since I got mine in April I've done 5000 miles already so I need to calm down. I'm glad i didn't get a w213 or I'd have lost my licence for sure. Putting my foot down in the w212 and it goes nowhere except East or west as I always drive it in sport handling mode as my default especially in the wet. It is a lot of fun at low speed, so no licence losing fears ... I'll definitely be holding onto mine for a few years. The engine is brilliant, the steering is really good and accurate and the handling superb for a big car. Can't wait to take it up to Scotland for a proper road trip

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210624-145559_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210624-145559_Gallery.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20210624-172117_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210624-172117_Maps.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 9
Sounds like a great trip! Since I got mine in April I've done 5000 miles already so I need to calm down. I'm glad i didn't get a w213 or I'd have lost my licence for sure. Putting my foot down in the w212 and it goes nowhere except East or west as I always drive it in sport handling mode as my default especially in the wet. It is a lot of fun at low speed, so no licence losing fears ... I'll definitely be holding onto mine for a few years. The engine is brilliant, the steering is really good and accurate and the handling superb for a big car. Can't wait to take it up to Scotland for a proper road trip
Was great fun, has made me appreciate the car even more, knowing how able it is/what a range of abilities it has.

Nice! You've certainly been getting some use out of it :) that looks like a fantastic route as well. Your right there, it really is enjoyable at low speeds as well, that V8 seems to sound sublime at any revs, but it is nice to burble around at normal speeds. It certainly does seem lively in the wet! When are you doing the trip to Scotland?

I've had some epic trips in my E63, me & a mate (he has an E46 M3) drove to Antibes on the south coast of France via the Route De Napoleon & back on D roads - left Friday AM & got back Monday PM - fantastic weekend. I've also driven the NC500, again with the E46, a 997 911 & XKR. Been to the Black Forest in Germany for a long weekend & Wales a few times.......
They really are great cars for all occasions.

I've had some epic trips in my E63, me & a mate (he has an E46 M3) drove to Antibes on the south coast of France via the Route De Napoleon & back on D roads - left Friday AM & got back Monday PM - fantastic weekend. I've also driven the NC500, again with the E46, a 997 911 & XKR. Been to the Black Forest in Germany for a long weekend & Wales a few times.......
They really are great cars for all occasions.

They sound a fantastic selection of trips!
Would love to try the NC500 one day, and take the car abroad too :)
They really are.

They sound a fantastic selection of trips!
Would love to try the NC500 one day, and take the car abroad too :)
They really are.
We're planning a euro trip for next spring, head south to Briancon in south east France & spend 5 days driving the local mountain passes, gorges & balcony roads - if you've not heard of "balcony roads" look them up - they're cliff edge roads, generally single track in south east France/north west Italy...driven a few in the past...very entertaining..

We're planning a euro trip for next spring, head south to Briancon in south east France & spend 5 days driving the local mountain passes, gorges & balcony roads - if you've not heard of "balcony roads" look them up - they're cliff edge roads, generally single track in south east France/north west Italy...driven a few in the past...very entertaining..

Sounds like that will be a good one!

I've just had a look at balcony roads 😳
Bet it's interesting meeting another car coming the other way!

I'll bet the car sounds good reverberating around the walls though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom