E63 AMG W211 Saloon - New Owner

damiandavis

Car
E63
Just bought a 58k mile 2006 W211 E63 in silver. Seems to be in mint condition with full service history and receipts a plenty. Tried to generate an album of pictures but don't seem to have the rights to :fail

Two things i need to do with the car. First the Comand1 system is not good. No bluetooth module and a very old interface. I know its the engine that matters, and thats true, but i'd love to have my cake and eat it !

Priced up the NTG2.5 upgrade, but will probably end up buying a CarPlay enabled head unit with Fibre connect and control.

Loving the effortless power of the 6.3 - its very addictive.:bannana: May be investigating minor tuning elements soon.

One question, I've followed online instructions to look at the oil level in the service menu by pressing reset 3 times while on the temp display .. get into the menu but no oil display !? ideas? https://www.instagram.com/p/BXYaJi4gtsa/?hl=en&taken-by=damiandavis

saff

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S211 E220 CDI Avantgarde W246 B180 CDI Sport
Looking forward to the pictures.

Loads of online directions to check oil level. U tube is a good bet. make sure engine has not been run for at least 30 mins

AngryDog

Car
E60 M5
Congrats on the new car. I considered an E63 before I bought my E55 as I wanted a supercharger. The E63 looks better.

Re the oil level, do it from the date / Speed and then it is one of the options when you press the up and down buttons. I have managed to get it working once lol. I believe it is also in your manual, but someone should be along to give a better description than me!

OP
OP
damiandavis

damiandavis

Car
E63
Congrats on the new car. I considered an E63 before I bought my E55 as I wanted a supercharger. The E63 looks better.

Re the oil level, do it from the date / Speed and then it is one of the options when you press the up and down buttons. I have managed to get it working once lol. I believe it is also in your manual, but someone should be along to give a better description than me!

I'll give it another go in a bit . Seems strange that the YouTube vids show the oil level clearly but on mine there is just a gap...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngryDog

Car
E60 M5
Ah, I think on the E63 it is different.

AngryDog

Car
E60 M5
I'll check mine tomorrow, as there is another check and I'll let you know how I did it.

OP
OP
damiandavis

damiandavis

Car
E63

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom