E63 AMG W211 Saloon - New Owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

damiandavis

Car
E63
Just bought a 58k mile 2006 W211 E63 in silver. Seems to be in mint condition with full service history and receipts a plenty. Tried to generate an album of pictures but don't seem to have the rights to :fail

Two things i need to do with the car. First the Comand1 system is not good. No bluetooth module and a very old interface. I know its the engine that matters, and thats true, but i'd love to have my cake and eat it !

Priced up the NTG2.5 upgrade, but will probably end up buying a CarPlay enabled head unit with Fibre connect and control.

Loving the effortless power of the 6.3 - its very addictive.:bannana: May be investigating minor tuning elements soon.

One question, I've followed online instructions to look at the oil level in the service menu by pressing reset 3 times while on the temp display .. get into the menu but no oil display !? ideas? https://www.instagram.com/p/BXYaJi4gtsa/?hl=en&taken-by=damiandavis

BXYaJi4gtsa

Looking forward to the pictures.

Loads of online directions to check oil level. U tube is a good bet. make sure engine has not been run for at least 30 mins

Congrats on the new car. I considered an E63 before I bought my E55 as I wanted a supercharger. The E63 looks better.

Re the oil level, do it from the date / Speed and then it is one of the options when you press the up and down buttons. I have managed to get it working once lol. I believe it is also in your manual, but someone should be along to give a better description than me!

Congrats on the new car. I considered an E63 before I bought my E55 as I wanted a supercharger. The E63 looks better.

Re the oil level, do it from the date / Speed and then it is one of the options when you press the up and down buttons. I have managed to get it working once lol. I believe it is also in your manual, but someone should be along to give a better description than me!

I'll give it another go in a bit . Seems strange that the YouTube vids show the oil level clearly but on mine there is just a gap...
db81abf8d87bd638f499fe21f9ce3aac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, I think on the E63 it is different.

I'll check mine tomorrow, as there is another check and I'll let you know how I did it.

66e8ff4ff076a3922203ae22ffaab37c.jpg
4b3fb2ad662f11ef2da48179809e0802.jpg
00bb9032d86e0a84eb0c2a23defaeb0d.jpg
8f647728924de607ff8fa938f9ac2ec0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom