E63 AMG Where are they.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WOODYTHEWISE

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E 500 Coupe.
I can not remember ever seeing any E63 AMG cars on the roads in Scotland.
I now know HB has one. Anyone else in this neck of the woods?. I have seen a few C63s and various older AMG cars.
Is the E63 quite a rare car, or just thin on the ground up here?.

Don't think it's just Scotland where they're rare.

They seem to be in limited numbers in most places, even forum meets and other general get togethers. You'll see the C63s in most of these places but the E class is in short supply. I think that there were only two or three of us at Benz on the Green this year, certainly (ST13)Phil and myself.

No idea why really, possibly the fact that they're perceived to be an old man's car, though this bit probably appeals to me as A) I am an old man, and B) I love the way that the car flies under the radar. :)

Nice to keep the low profile...

E63's are rare (thankfully) :D.

E63 Wagons are more rare.

E63S Wagons are rarer than a very rare thing :cool:.

I can not remember ever seeing any E63 AMG cars on the roads in Scotland.
I now know HB has one. Anyone else in this neck of the woods?. I have seen a few C63s and various older AMG cars.
Is the E63 quite a rare car, or just thin on the ground up here?.
I'll come down and do a huge burnout in your street and you can video it.

There is a grey saloon just around the corner from me that wears ~~63 AMG on his plate and jolly nice it is too.

Over the last week a lovely blue R8 and a some kind of new 911 has appeared on a driveway which has made my CLS seem kind of a poor relation in the performance department , until i dragged the ZX12R out the garage and fired it up ,with a lovely bark from the Yoshi pipe, then realized that it would show £300k of stock exotica a clean pair of heels up to licence loosing speed which will do me nicely :bannana:

Kenny

Last edited:
Never seen one local to me. Having said that, can't remember the last time I'd seen a C63 locally until a couple of weeks ago when I saw two in a day!

Never seen one local to me. Having said that, can't remember the last time I'd seen a C63 locally until a couple of weeks ago when I saw two in a day!

The ones I have seen were all white.....perhaps I saw the same one several times.

No idea why really, possibly the fact that they're perceived to be an old man's car, though this bit probably appeals to me as A) I am an old man, and B) I love the way that the car flies under the radar. :)

Nice to keep the low profile...

What happened to c) they are perceived to be German taxis! :p

(well yours is Dave)

I've got one and I'm in Scotland.

Oh, and it's a diesel. :D

Ant.

Not in Scotland, but look what I got today...

Attachments

• WP_20160603_17_14_26_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160603_17_14_26_Pro.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 79
I've seen two in person, Infact ever. In one place, belonging to two posters on this thread, lol

Lovely examples they are too

Certainly seems the best step up from a C63, I'd love an E63 one day. Just not yet

The most common place to see E63s and cars of that ilk is in Pollokshields. Very popular with my Indian and Pakistani friends. They have good taste in cars and the cash. In fact they often pool resources to buy some of these cars. I know one group that bought a McMerc (SLR) between them. Stunning car!

There are between eight and ten times as many W204 C63's registered in the UK as W212 E63's. Which explains why you see C63's everywhere, while E63's are only owned by the more discerning. (And older taxi drivers ;) )

The most common place to see E63s and cars of that ilk is in Pollokshields. Very popular with my Indian and Pakistani friends. They have good taste in cars and the cash. In fact they often pool resources to buy some of these cars. I know one group that bought a McMerc (SLR) between them. Stunning car!

I saw an E63 in that area on my way home from work one night, made some noise !

I saw an E63 in that area on my way home from work one night, made some noise !

Finally spotted one. In the local Tesco car park. Looked very well in a kind of pearl white..they are a grand looking car. I was not the only one taking an interest. :)

Seen quite a few around the west end of Glasgow, even spotted a de-badged one today.

Finally spotted one. In the local Tesco car park. Looked very well in a kind of pearl white..they are a grand looking car. I was not the only one taking an interest. :)

Do I see a plan forming to get rid of the soot chucker?

As long as it has heated seats ma'am will never know :D

Do I see a plan forming to get rid of the soot chucker?

As long as it has heated seats ma'am will never know :D

You know me well David. Irene said " Forget it" as soon as I pointed it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom