E63 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If the issue is related to 'tyre skipping' as JBD suggests then I believe MB were offering replacement Winter Tyres or they were at least for GLC Owners, unsure if this is also the case for C Class or E Class owners, it should be. Plenty of information on the forum in relation to that specific issue. If it is not related to this then it is unlikely that the tyres will be replaced under warranty they are class as a friction or consumable item. I believe how the MB Warranty Claim system works is that the dealer sends off a claim request to Germany and it is either approved or rejected. If rejected then the part/s are not provided to the dealer FOC. If it has been going on for as long as the OP says it is likely that the dealer sent the request off and it was rejected. This happened to me on my old A Class, MB Germany wouldn't stump up for a faulty seatbelt despite the car only have 3k on the clock. My Dealer however agreed with me and took the hit on the seatbelt, I really do believe it is down to how the individual dealers handle these situations as they can be tricky for both parties, especially when MB Germany won't play ball. If there are no mechanical defects on the vehicle and the issue with the tyres are not deemed to be related to the skipping (there is a Mercedes Technical Bulletin regarding this issue) then they probably won't replace them as per the terms and conditions of the warranty.
Hi thanks for the response they are saying it is tyre skipping and they will not pay free of charge. I completely agree with you reading about this every dealership is different unfortunately my one is saying no way I have escalated to the finance company

I am unaware of this problem on the E class
Yes my E63 doing it even now over 7 degrees which contradict what they are saying in their handbook. The handbook state they recommend winter tyre when temperature is under 7 degrees this is happenin over 7 degrees

If I understood correctly, then the advice from MB was to change all four wheels and tyres?

Unlikely that all 4 wheels were damaged... so it seems MB think that in order to resolve the skidding issue the car needs different-size wheels and tyres?

Different-size to what they sold the car with, just 6 months ago?

The situation is not entirely clear I'm afraid.
Yes basically that. Exactly that which is ridiculous as I’m
Saying they would know of this and they should have informed me before purchase regarding the financial and feasibility consequence so I could have made an informed decision to buy or not buy. I wouldn’t have got the car as it would appear this not a one off cost they would need to be change again in the summer

Or did they just tell the OP to buy a second set of winter wheels and tyres?

In which case it seems that there's no damage to wheels or tyres. And that MB think the car is behaving 'as designed' given that it's being driven on summer tyres in winter.

While the OP says the issue occurs also when the temperature is above 7 degrees...

So I think the issue here is that the OP failed to convince MB that there's an actual fault with the car (and therefore there's obviously no question of warranty cover as far as MB are concerned).

In a nutshell, the car was skidding and he was fobbed-off with an advice to buy winter tyres.

(While playing Poirot is good fun, it would be helpful if OPs provided more detail...)

Hi thanks for your response. This what I am doing constantly questioning them and now they are ignoring me they are saying it a comfort issue that nothing wrong with the car and I need to change the wheel and tyres!???

Ah... the OP started another thread with the same post, but there he called it 'E63 Crabbing Issue'.

So it is indeed a 'crabbing' issue... which was rejected by MB because crabbing is not a known issue on RWD E-Class.

(It was Miss Scarlett, with the Spanner, in the Garage :thumb:)

Hi I did start that but was informed by the admin I couldn’t post as I was a new member and I had to post in this section. So no I’m not spammer just doing what I’m being told :)

Thanks for that. Well, if the OP is ever back... we might know which MY car he/she actually has, and if it was bought new or Approved Used, etc.
Hi sorry for the response. I only saw these today E63 67 plate ex demo car from merc approved used

I want an E63.. beast
Yes lovely but seriously I don’t want it now it juddering making massive noise and skidding now merc are saying I have to pay for the wheel and tyres to be changed at the same time they are contradicting and sayin the tread are ok on my tyres - escalated to my finance company who may not come back with a good response either

As pointed out by a few, it's a common issue with the W213. Lots of other 4WD cars do it though perhaps not as pronounced as on the E63, probably due to huge tyres and wheels. Google "Ackerman effect" for a decent explanation of why they do it.

The common fix is to replace the tyres with winter ones, which will alleviate the juddering though some of us just put up with it and plan manoeuvres accordingly. Mercedes actually offered to fit winter tyres as a "sweetener" to several of the 4matic models but, for reasons unknown to us mere mortals, the E Class wasn't covered by this ruling so we have to suffer.

I concur. :D
Yes exactly that they are refusing to pay for them and saying I have to pay to change the wheel and the tyres

Yes exactly that they are refusing to pay for them and saying I have to pay to change the wheel and the tyres

Then just do it. MB are not going to change the tyres for you as everyone here and the dealer themselves are telling you.

Then just do it. MB are not going to change the tyres for you as everyone here and the dealer themselves are telling you.

Hi - this is not the point prior to sale they should be advising customer that during the winter period and summer - tyres will need to changed this will cost a circa 2k -5k this is not a one off cost as during every season there will be labour cost to change etc. The customer can then make an informed decision rather than the customer getting to the winter and the car is skidding making loud noise and MB saying at the customer cost this need to be changed. This is misselling and misleading breaching consumer law

Hi - this is not the point prior to sale they should be advising customer that during the winter period and summer - tyres will need to changed this will cost a circa 2k -5k this is not a one off cost as during every season there will be labour cost to change etc. The customer can then make an informed decision rather than the customer getting to the winter and the car is skidding making loud noise and MB saying at the customer cost this need to be changed. This is misselling and misleading breaching consumer law

What would make you happy regarding the current situation with your car?
MB will not budge on their decision not to supply you with winter wheels and tyres so.........?

What would make you happy regarding the current situation with your car?
MB will not budge on their decision not to supply you with winter wheels and tyres so.........?
This is still in dispute with my finance company as they solely own the car. Resolution will be for MB to accept liability of misrepresentation of knowing the vechicle tyre and wheel would experience issues in terms of safety and financial impact for these to be replaced FOC or the vechicle to be rejected

This is still in dispute with my finance company as they solely own the car. Resolution will be for MB to accept liability of misrepresentation of knowing the vechicle tyre and wheel would experience issues in terms of safety and financial impact for these to be replaced FOC or the vechicle to be rejected

In English?

If you do not want to provide any constructive comments regarding the actual issue with the car - I suggest you don’t comment at all

If you do not want to provide any constructive comments regarding the actual issue with the car - I suggest you don’t comment at all

I suggest you try to post in a manner that allows people to understand the point you are trying to make. You can clearly construct a meaningful sentence if needed.

As stated previously the comments you are making are not constructive in which you are appearing to belittle me you may do this to others - not very nice. You cannot speak on everyone behalf so I suggest as stated previously if you have nothing constructive to say about the car to not comment at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom