E63 'B' Service cost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fudger

Car
Awaiting delivery
Gents, I have a B service due, on my E63, and have been quoted £498 at a main dealer. Does that tally with your experience?

Thanks

Jonathan

Had my 2008 cls63 B Service at the back end of April for £285. I only do low annual mileage, but there is always a deal to be had. I always talk to the same guy in the service team, because when they call you up from their service centre, the quoted price is always higher.

I should add however, thats a bog standard B service. It obviously depends whether things like plugs etc need to be done.

I have found you have to be a bit careful with the quoted cost of such services. As mentioned above there can be a big difference between the cost of a bog standard service and the cost of work which is required as "standard" for the age and mileage. In the case of the Cl the cost difference is going to be over £1k due mainly to the price of having 24 iridium plugs replaced. Get the dealer to quote the full cost.

If you have a B service due with extras it might be worthwhile taking out a service plan

https://servicecarerates.mercedes-benz.co.uk/

Use voucher code Amg150 and the price for a w204 c63 is £41.83 per month reduced from £46, I think the price for your e63 will be the same.

oldguy57 said:
I have found you have to be a bit careful with the quoted cost of such services. As mentioned above there can be a big difference between the cost of a bog standard service and the cost of work which is required as "standard" for the age and mileage. In the case of the Cl the cost difference is going to be over £1k due mainly to the price of having 24 iridium plugs replaced. Get the dealer to quote the full cost.

A service plan includes all additional consumables that are required, spark plugs, air filters and atf fluid etc.

My last B service was back in July 2015 and it was a total of £456.64 which included the usual brake fluid change which is a bi-annual requirement.

It's due again this July when it's four years old, and is due for a bit more, including air filters and other bits which are non-standard. Basically it may just be having an oil and filter change, though as long as this keeps the Mobilo service up I'll be happy, though will confirm this before committing.

A service plan includes all additional consumables that are required, spark plugs, air filters and atf fluid etc.

Unfortunately last time I tried I couldn't get a service plan on the CL65. Will give it another go though.

My last B service was back in July 2015 and it was a total of £456.64 which included the usual brake fluid change which is a bi-annual requirement.

It's due again this July when it's four years old, and is due for a bit more, including air filters and other bits which are non-standard. Basically it may just be having an oil and filter change, though as long as this keeps the Mobilo service up I'll be happy, though will confirm this before committing.

Not sure about the C63 but on my SLK55, the four year service was also spark plugs so can get quite expensive. Then the next one is oil change and ATF change, so I took out the service package for this.

This is a great opportunity to start a three year service plan. Plus they have a discount on AMG servicing on at the moment. I saw it on Facebook, IIRC the discount code is AMG150

The post was full of AMG-styled owners ranting that the code was fake- the words AMG 'styled' might give it away. People don't know their own cars :D AMG line owners were huffing and puffing too :eek:

I've just filled out the service plan for my CL65 and using the AMG 150 code have been quoted about £43. How does this work? my computer says service D in 300 odd days so should I hang fire for a few months?

BIRMA said:
I've just filled out the service plan for my CL65 and using the AMG 150 code have been quoted about £43. How does this work? my computer says service D in 300 odd days so should I hang fire for a few months?
When does the cover begin with my Service Care Plan?

The cover of your Service Care Plan begins on the “Commencing Date” shown on your Service Care Schedule document. This will be the day that your Retailer has created your Plan for you.
If you have purchased two services paid for over 24 months or three services paid for over 36 months, the first service covered by your Plan must be at least three months after the Commencing Date.
If you have chosen any of our other options, including paying for your Plan up front in full, the first service can be carried out by your Retailer immediately.

http://tools.mercedes-benz.co.uk/cu...ervice-care-terms-conditions/service-care.pdf

Last edited:
When does the cover begin with my Service Care Plan?

The cover of your Service Care Plan begins on the “Commencing Date” shown on your Service Care Schedule document. This will be the day that your Retailer has created your Plan for you.

If you have purchased two services paid for over 24 months or three services paid for over 36 months, the first service covered by your Plan must be at least three months after the Commencing Date.

If you have chosen any of our other options, including paying for your Plan up front in full, the first service can be carried out by your Retailer immediately.

So do they start the 3 year plan from the date of the first service?
OK I've just read through the conditions

Last edited:
Basically you pay three months before you can book a service in, a D service is a B service with whatever is needed, deffo a good time for a three year service plan (two expensive services included at this time)

Includes paint warranty and roadside recovery, saves me £50 every year at insurance time not having to include recovery in the quote

Have I got this right then? For the CL65 at £43 +vat per month over 3 years I will get 3 services with nothing else to pay ie I will get the 24 plugs which are apparently due for replacement at the next service(normally £600ish) included within the scheme?

Have I got this right then? For the CL65 at £43 +vat per month over 3 years I will get 3 services with nothing else to pay ie I will get the 24 plugs which are apparently due for replacement at the next service(normally £600ish) included within the scheme?

I filled in the form and I have requested a call back to confirm the price. I made sure I had the correct model CL63/65 and with the discount code AMG 150 it was £43.46 per month for three years. I hope it is correct.

oldguy57 said:

Correct, the price includes vat.
Make sure the service schedule specifies the plugs/any extras or they will not replace them.

oldguy57 said:

Yes

Plus roadside recovery breakdown cover

Had mine done last week on the CLS63, I was quoted £490ish but in the end it came to £413 (think that was due to me having brake fluid done at MSL when my discs and pads were not long ago)

For a C63 tool just quoted £41.83/month, with AMG150 code. 3 services over years, reasonable value if you want to keep it in the dealer for service record.

Thank you for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom