E63 'B' Service cost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Interesting thread. Just bought 3 year service plan for SLK55. It will force me to keep it ;-) Hope it won't start falling apart. So far, it's one of the oldest car I owned (except classic cars).

I calculated that separate services: 4th, 5th and 6th will be around £2096 - £330 for my own oil = £1766.

Service plan was coming up at £1656 (36x46) or £1505.88 (36x41.83) with discount for AMG. So I think at this price it's a good deal. I will just drop my car for service and won't worry about the price.

Birma, are you keeping CL longer? No swapping after 1 year this time? Hope to see and hear it soon.

Interesting thread. Just bought 3 year service plan for SLK55. It will force me to keep it ;-) Hope it won't start falling apart. So far, it's one of the oldest car I owned (except classic cars).

I calculated that separate services: 4th, 5th and 6th will be around £2096 - £330 for my own oil = £1766.

Service plan was coming up at £1656 (36x46) or £1505.88 (36x41.83) with discount for AMG. So I think at this price it's a good deal. I will just drop my car for service and won't worry about the price.

Birma, are you keeping CL longer? No swapping after 1 year this time? Hope to see and hear it soon.

I'm a convert to the service plan too. Bearing in mind my tendency to sell my cars after a year I opted for the 12 month service plan that includes the B service its just had at over £800 and an A service, either way it seemed to be a good deal for me. Can't fault Brooklands Mercedes for the standard of service either, a refreshing and welcome change from my last visit to my local MB dealer when I had the SL63.
As to whether I'll keep the CL 65 for longer than a year I don't know, I'm full of excitement and joy when I first get a car then grow bored after a few months.
The only problem I think I'll find is what to replace it with.

RJ C63 said:
Amg discount of £150. It's on the website.

Yep, sounds decent

The Facebook advert is hilarious. It's full of sport and AMG line owners complaining they couldn't get the deal. I don't think they notice the difference to an actual AMG model or a sport/AMG styled :eek:

Just took out this service plan, my B service is due in 3 months (lucky) and at £41 a month its perfect.

My B service is coming in at £469 so i really cant complain.

Are there any models for which the service plan does not make sense?

I'm considering it for my car (2013 CL500) but don't know much about it.

I'm waiting for a call back, it does seem really good value! I filled out the form and tried to 'submit' several times but nothing happened. Although all the details including the AMG150 discount code were accepted and the monthly £41.83 payment confirmed. This is interest free by the way (£1506 up front if you pay in a lump sum for a 3 year plan/3 services)

JohnEBoy said:
Are there any models for which the service plan does not make sense? I'm considering it for my car (2013 CL500) but don't know much about it.

Similar question for me..
I've just bought a 2014 c63.. It's been just over a month.
I'm unaware of the service costs but have a sign on the dash saying service due in 90iish days.
Service plan for 3 years comes to £1500.
I calculated services to be £500 roughly - is it actually worth it ?

Just got a quote for a service A - £312.88 is what the quote is

Just got a quote for a service A - £312.88 is what the quote is

Yeah, I think it's £469 for the B Service as above ,so ABA = £1093 certainly takes the shine off....or am I missing something?

Hi,

We at MSL can do a Service B for you at £300.00

JDL60 said:
Yeah, I think it's £469 for the B Service as above ,so ABA = £1093 certainly takes the shine off....or am I missing something?

And the rest! Whatever figures you can find on MB's site won't take into account additional time related items

ash59fifty-uk said:
And the rest! Whatever figures you can find on MB's site won't take into account additional time related items

Such as ?

Mine comes to £47 per month for 3 services over 3 years.

Hmm, £1700 notes... and I'm sat here poised with a credit card waiting to place the order!

:crazy: :doh:

Sounds like it only makes sense on the horrendously-expensive end of the AMG spectrum possibly.

It's best to check prices of individual services assuming you want to do that at MB. Below is my research for SLK55, you can do the same other models. Prices from https://www.mymercedesservice.co.uk/home

I used reg plates from sales ads from Autotrader and come up with following prices:
4th B - £613, standard service + Replace spark plugs, on some cars there's also brake fluid replacement at £109, so it comes to total of: £723
5th A - £460, standard service £344 + air filter £116
6th B - £1023, standard service £525, tranmission oil replacement £500; possibly brake fluid at £109 (every 2 years)

I don't know any independent garage in my area, not to mention good one.

Lots, your owners manual will be very informative.

SLK manual does not describe maintenance schedule or I'm blind. I checked electronic one online and paper one. With other cars, I used to have detailed schedule in separate service book, but I don't have it for my SLK.

My 63 must know....broke down last night !
Off to Sweden this morning back Thursday then a call to Mobilo....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom