E63 'B' Service cost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I look at everything as total cost so it doesn't matter if it's £10 per week or £500 per year. I just compare total cost of service for number of years, etc. My earlier comparison convinced me it's cheapest option for MB service so I got plan for B,A,B service. Just gave example of other brands costs.

Yes, I like folders full o history, even on newer cars :) I collect all invoices, etc.

I look at everything as total cost so it doesn't matter if it's £10 per week or £500 per year. I just compare total cost of service for number of years, etc. My earlier comparison convinced me it's cheapest option for MB service so I got plan for B,A,B service. Just gave example of other brands costs.

Yes, I like folders full o history, even on newer cars :) I collect all invoices, etc.

I shred everything. Don't like passing my personal details down the line. ;)

Alx said:
I shred everything. Don't like passing my personal details down the line. ;)

Your name and address will be on the new owners V5..

Your name and address will be on the new owners V5..

And that's only until the car is sold again. I can live with that...

Just taken a Service Plan for the CL £ 41.75 p/m for two years. Bought the CL last October with a AMG two year warranty. As I'm keeping the car I will then take it to my trusted independent "B" Service due in ten days time, which includes gearbox oil change + a spark plug change. Good time to take advantage of the service plan.

C43AMG said:
Just taken a Service Plan for the CL £ 41.75 p/m for two years. Bought the CL last October with a AMG two year warranty. As I'm keeping the car I will then take it to my trusted independent "B" Service due in ten days time, which includes gearbox oil change + a spark plug change. Good time to take advantage of the service plan.

Good timing sir.

All
Resurrecting this thread - I have a service plan on my CLS63. The first service on this was last year (year 3) with 33k miles. ATF, Diff, engine oil & filter etc done. I am just booking this year's service now - 43k miles Year 4 and dash saying its a B Service - whats that include?

All
Resurrecting this thread - I have a service plan on my CLS63. The first service on this was last year (year 3) with 33k miles. ATF, Diff, engine oil & filter etc done. I am just booking this year's service now - 43k miles Year 4 and dash saying its a B Service - whats that include?

Is there a number after the 'B'?

If so, then have a look here:

Servicing list - What each number/letter means

Alternatively, check here:

Mercedes-Benz UK | Electronic Service Sheet

At 4 years you would normally need to have the Spark Plugs and Air Filter changed - plus the Brake Fluid. Cabin Filter will also be due, but on some models it is already included in the B service.

B service is basically an extended A service. Oil and filter plus a detailed inspection. If you are on a plan with a dealer there may be some other items which can be identified via a computer hook up.
As an example, for my CLS55 the schedule throws up a B service at 4 years / 40000m. In addition brake fluid, poly v belt, rear diff oil, aircon filter, ATF change. But if you had these done last time they dont need doing yet. Since you are on a plan just make sure the dealer does all he should and dont complain if he does more.
My car was nicely overserviced by previous owners.

Is there a number after the 'B'?

If so, then have a look here:

Servicing list - What each number/letter means

Alternatively, check here:

Mercedes-Benz UK | Electronic Service Sheet

At 4 years you would normally need to have the Spark Plugs and Air Filter changed - plus the Brake Fluid. Cabin Filter will also be due, but on some models it is already included in the B service.
Thanks, Mark, very helpful - Just checked the dash and its saying B3 service in 30 days. Booked in on 12th July, exactly 1 year since last A Service @ 3 years which was ATF, Engine oil & filter, Diff Oil, Dust filter

I'm just about to have a third service under my plan; the plan cost me £1260 but I was to pay for this B service, with the "extras" of brake fluid, air filter and spark plugs, it would be £966. Conversely, if I didn't have the 3rd service and took a refund, MB would repay me £629 from the £1260, meaning I would have paid £631 for a "B" and "A".

As others have said, I am happy to pay a little over £1 per day for the service plan. Maybe I could get the individual services cheaper at an indie, but I doubt I would get free collection and return, Mobilo European assistance (I understand some repairs are cheaper if done by Mobilo rather than at a dealer), 30 year corrosion warranty, software updates, let alone the chance to build a relationship and some goodwill with a dealer I trust. I accept not all MB dealers are equal - those that are part of a larger group tend to be poorer at customer service. My dealer was, until last year family owned

We all makes our choices and pays our monies.

If we don't use our dealer, one day they won't be there...

I'm just about to have a third service under my plan; the plan cost me £1260 but I was to pay for this B service, with the "extras" of brake fluid, air filter and spark plugs, it would be £966. Conversely, if I didn't have the 3rd service and took a refund, MB would repay me £629 from the £1260, meaning I would have paid £631 for a "B" and "A".

As others have said, I am happy to pay a little over £1 per day for the service plan. Maybe I could get the individual services cheaper at an indie, but I doubt I would get free collection and return, Mobilo European assistance (I understand some repairs are cheaper if done by Mobilo rather than at a dealer), 30 year corrosion warranty, software updates, let alone the chance to build a relationship and some goodwill with a dealer I trust. I accept not all MB dealers are equal - those that are part of a larger group tend to be poorer at customer service. My dealer was, until last year family owned

We all makes our choices and pays our monies.

If we don't use our dealer, one day they won't be there...

First time i have ever had a service plan - £46pm (£552 py) £1.51 per day - No brainer to me :)

ok someone post up the link please to getting a plan and does the AMG150 code still work? :p

Service Care Plans - Mercedes-Benz Cars UK{position}_cri-236025597265_ai-none&kpid=go_cmp-358838193_adg-27867974313_ad-236025597265_kwd-15716267375_dev-m_ext-&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6IfoBRCiARIsAF6q06tpRwd7ewjr0VVRolOnBQauUr5kEfXMaTEyacyYVvyyUWLQTNGZ5bQaAt07EALw_wcB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Service Care Plans - Mercedes-Benz Cars UK{position}_cri-236025597265_ai-none&kpid=go_cmp-358838193_adg-27867974313_ad-236025597265_kwd-15716267375_dev-m_ext-&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6IfoBRCiARIsAF6q06tpRwd7ewjr0VVRolOnBQauUr5kEfXMaTEyacyYVvyyUWLQTNGZ5bQaAt07EALw_wcB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good luck - that page just links back to itself and you can't actually get a quote online for the service plan :)

Perhaps MB don't want to offer them any more...

very odd - i just tried and got the same. I'd look to go to the online chat and ask to see what's happening? Failing that call ya local dealer??

I've recently just put my new (to me) 2007 CLS63 on to a service plan. The website will give you a quote but you have to request a call back from the dealership to set it up.

B service due November was scheduled to be just over £750 because as it hits 12 years old it is due spark plugs too at £300 which is covered through the plan.

I'm always on the lookout for a deal but at £49/month its not going to break the bank. I went for 4 services over 4 years with a view to paying off the remaining £300 or so once I've had the 4th service and starting a new plan.

I've recently just put my new (to me) 2007 CLS63 on to a service plan. The website will give you a quote but you have to request a call back from the dealership to set it up.

B service due November was scheduled to be just over £750 because as it hits 12 years old it is due spark plugs too at £300 which is covered through the plan.

I'm always on the lookout for a deal but at £49/month its not going to break the bank. I went for 4 services over 4 years with a view to paying off the remaining £300 or so once I've had the 4th service and starting a new plan.

I think you will find MB will want full payment before the last service is completed; they typically ensure this by taking a few months payment up front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom