E63 Bi Turbo Service plan.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
The B2 service in 30 days message popped up on the cluster today, so after a lot of thought, I've decided to take out a 3 year 3 service plan.
By paying £1497 upfront, I've saved almost £400 and kept both main dealer service history and Mobilo for the next 3 years.

I did toy with the idea of going with my indy, but I know this B2 service includes an ATF change and air filters, next years A service will need brake fluid changed and the last B service will include a spark plug change. The B2 service coming up is in the region of £750 on its own.
Fortunately I have had dealings with Sandown Poole main dealership over the last 10 years and I find them extremely good. They are also a dedicated AMG service centre.

I made sure the ATF was included whilst taking out the service plan and asked that no engine ECU update is carried out, wiping the map done at MSL.
Any transmission or software updates required and I'll be phoned to confirm they can be carried out before going ahead.

I also enquired about updating the 2014 Comand map which should have been done free of charge by the previous owner, and at least be the 2017 version. They will do the update to the latest 2020 V19 map with Pin# for £99. I'm happy with that and have that on the job card as well.
Waiting until 14th Sept to have it done (still within the 30 day reminder) as there are no courtesy cars available until then. I was advised to take one as the service could take a long while with the map update as well.
Just need to remind them on the day not to wash the car after seeing this on my way out!

20200817_170647[1].jpg

While you're at it... you might want to ask them to update the firmware on your COMAND NTG4.5.....

Sounds like you’ve managed to time that right, Roger. Bit of a result!

Sounds like you’ve managed to time that right, Roger. Bit of a result!

Yes, good timing Phil. The 20% off lasts until Sept 30th and it makes sense to keep the car with FMBSH and Mobilo just from the resale point in future.

Do you think MB will say you have to have the updates to keep Mobilio?

I don’t think so, the updates are separate to any service items.

No. Possibly if it's a recall, but not normally.

I doubt declining an engine ECU update would invalidate Mobilio Wighty.
That's the only one I don't want ,unless they want to give me £700 for another remapo_O:D

I doubt declining an engine ECU update would invalidate Mobilio Wighty.
That's the only one I don't want ,unless they want to give me £700 for another remapo_O:D

MB don't offer free software updates anyway after the warranty expired. In fact, if you ask for it, they'll charge you for it. Recalls are the exception.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom