e63 brake caliper colour change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheepy67

Car
porsche cayenne turbo
Decided to change the colour of my calipers, after much red or yellow indecision, went with the red.

After a drive to AnilS house we set to work,

used, hammerite smooth, brake cleaner, emery paper, Amg logo sticker from ebay and some high temperature exhaust laquer

first clean the calipers

IMAG0318.jpg

Then scuff then paint

IMAG0328.jpg

IMAG0329.jpg

apply logo

IMAG0330.jpg

spray with laquer
IMAG0331.jpg

one side done

IMAG0320.jpg

finished article

IMAG0332.jpg

IMAG0326.jpg

IMAG0334.jpg

IMAG0335.jpg

Thans to Anil for his skill with the brush, tongue hanging out with concentration, good day even in the rain, we had the odd light shower

Happy birthday mate

sheepy

You could have washed the arch liners whilst she wheels were off... the detailers will have thrombo's

Never thought to do that, happy enough to get the wheels cleaned on the inside and the callipers done, the lacquer really makes them shine

Looks great Sheepy!

What did you use to hold the car up whilst all 4 wheels were off the deck?

Agreed I would have done inside the arches and the trim while the wheels were off.

On the picture of the car side ways and no wheels it looks like the old curtain is holding the car up as the jack isn't even under :)

Dircectional vented vanes

I have just commented on another post under Parts and Maintenance concerning directional internal vent vanes and notice that on your car you have the same problem. Both front discs are the same - in other words there is no left hand and right hand disc. See what I mean on the attachment.

And for an AMG I would be worried:crazy:

Attachments

• Diagram of directional discs.pdf
    47 KB · Views: 66
Agreed I would have done inside the arches and the trim while the wheels were off.

On the picture of the car side ways and no wheels it looks like the old curtain is holding the car up as the jack isn't even under :)

Time didn't allow for arch work. In the breaks, I was detailing my BM;)

That old curtain is a toughy;);)

Makes it really stand out. Does the base paint not need to be high temp paint?

I've used hammerite on all my brake caliper painting and never ever had an issue. :thumb:

very nice and stylish love your alloys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom