E63 collecting cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice looking motor.

Not convinced about distronic unless it's part of the collision warning system? And the seats are not " 'dynamic' ".

It does have a 360 camera, mind.

It is missing an ATF change at the last B service on 31k miles.
Rear tyres down to 3mm at service. Changed yet?
Have the plugs been changed yet?

No idea on auction prices, but mine is a 2014 (54) and WBAC offered £28,495 in June as a guide. Mine has less miles, FMDSH and light interior.

Saw this. Looks decent. I think WBAC offer £30k for this car when I checked.

It is missing an ATF change at the last B service on 31k miles.
Rear tyres down to 3mm at service. Changed yet?
Have the plugs been changed yet?

No idea on auction prices, but mine is a 2014 (54) and WBAC offered £28,495 in June as a guide. Mine has less miles, FMDSH and light interior.
Good valuation for yours, Roger, relatively speaking. I take it you acquired the valuation out of curiousity?

Good valuation for yours, Roger, relatively speaking. I take it you acquired the valuation out of curiousity?
Yes David. Just curious about approximate value. I'm enjoying the car too much to sell it.

Not convinced about distronic unless it's part of the collision warning system? And the seats are not " 'dynamic' ".
It doesn't have Distronic fitted (the “open” star on the front grille is the giveaway) and the seats are just standard issue, not even multi-contour let alone dynamic. I can’t see anything in the photos that leads me to believe it’s anything other than a poverty-spec E63S.

Clearly whoever wrote the ad is clueless about the car, so I wouldn’t take on trust anything they said.

No idea on auction prices, but mine is a 2014 (54) and WBAC offered £28,495 in June as a guide.
To put that into perspective, that’s £4k more than WBAC offered for my 2015 car two and a half years ago!

Maybe I should have kept it as an “appreciating classic“ 🤣

It doesn't have Distronic fitted (the “open” star on the front grille is the giveaway) and the seats are just standard issue, not even multi-contour let alone dynamic. I can’t see anything in the photos that leads me to believe it’s anything other than a poverty-spec E63S.

Clearly whoever wrote the ad is clueless about the car, so I wouldn’t take on trust anything they said.
It's not even an 'S'. Someone stuck a badge one (that bit is in the ad :))

To put that into perspective, that’s £4k more than WBAC offered for my 2015 car two and a half years ago!

Maybe I should have kept it as an “appreciating classic“ 🤣
Along with E55's CLS55's SL55's and the 63's, all appear to command strong prices and still rising from what I've noticed.
Of course, whether the asking price is achieved in all cases is down to the buyers.
Demand for the E63 seems to be outstripping supply at the moment. At least, in the case of nice examples. Not the case when you sold yours unfortunately.😞

Jukie, you're in pretty much every E63 thread sharing your 'knowledge', dismissing cars, providing your own 'expert' valuations and letting everyone know that you're speaking to owners/wasting their time with your fantasies........are you actually ever going to buy one, or do you just like the idea of buying one?

Really annoying that this forum doesn't have an ignore function.

I thought the "S" models had red calipers...??
Adding a badge is so Msport.. :)
Whilst dropping my E63 to the garage this morning there was a E220 with an AMG badge on the boot lid.....tosser is what came to mind...:oops:

I thought the "S" models had red calipers...??
Adding a badge is so Msport.. :)
Whilst dropping my E63 to the garage this morning there was a E220 with an AMG badge on the boot lid.....tosser is what came to mind...:oops:
I've never understood the concept of overstating your car when it's so easy to spot. Much prefer to be understated, and have debadged previously.
Each to their own I guess!

I looked at an "S" before buying my standard E63 & it had ceramic brakes with a lip, the mileage was on 48,000 & I thought i'd leave it as i didn't fancy forking out for the discs - should've bought it though as it would've been worth strong money now....

I looked at an "S" before buying my standard E63 & it had ceramic brakes with a lip, the mileage was on 48,000 & I thought i'd leave it as i didn't fancy forking out for the discs - should've bought it though as it would've been worth strong money now....
Yeah discs on the standard E63 are quite expensive enough thanks 😁

Demand for the E63 seems to be outstripping supply at the moment. At least, in the case of nice examples. Not the case when you sold yours unfortunately.😞

I've been watching the market for a little while as I'm intending to jump in (although probably not until next year now as I've just changed jobs). I'm seeing a fairly even flow in and out, it's healthy but it's not like they're being snapped up the moment they hit the classifieds.

I looked at a nice example a couple of months back, the price seems reasonable relative to the available examples but it's still for sale. I can only presume it's because the market doesn't like hyacinth red? Equally, there's a black estate up north that's been up for sale since the beginning of the year, 1 owner but higher miles. I've not worked out why, especially as it's not gone up in price despite the general increase of late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom