E63 COMAND update and ECU re-map question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rataxes

Car
E63s
I picked up my new car earlier this week and had it re-mapped by MSL (see the E63S AMG Remap & Dyno video posted by Acid yesterday :) )

Typically the dealer didn't update the map or DAB software as requested so it's going in next week to have that done.

My question is will updating the map or DAB radio wipe the re-map or are these accessed differently than the ECU?

I've posted this here rather than the Electronics section as this forum probably gets more traffic.

Thanks.

These are different subsystems, not under control of the ECU, so the latter should be unaffected.

However... There have been a raft of updates recently to the Transmission and other drivetrain elements, so if your dealer decides to be "helpful" and apply other updates I suppose it's possible that something will get overwritten.

Perhaps best to tell them that it's been mapped before they start?

Totally different modules, there will be no effect on the engine remap

That is the nicest E63 ever!

Beautiful car, even better colour. :)

Just had mine in for service and, as it's the last one under warranty, I actually asked if they were going to write anything to the ECU as I couldn't be bothered swapping it out to the stock one.

I was assured that they weren't going to touch it and, no problem, it's exactly the same as it went in. I had every conceivable update throw on the car as well (according to MB at the time) so you should be fine. :)

As a matter of interest, what updates are you referring to? Just maps and DAB or are there other updates as well?

What is the score with getting these done to my 2012 car? Cost? Compatibility? Any info welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom