E63 deposit paid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There was a change sometime during 2015. The later cars provide Media Interface connectivity through the USB port(s) rather than having a separate unique port.
^ What he said ^

My car was built at the very end of November 2014, then registered at the end of May 2015 - so very much a first half of 2015 car, I am guessing that Hakon's car must be a late 2015.

Thanks, good knowledge.
July 15 release.
I think the build was not long before

How many threads on here are reporting big problems with the M157 engine David?
I can think of only one other, E55BOF's.
How many threads have you seen reporting problems with the M156?
I'll tell you, multiple numbers.
I know which one I'd choose. Don't let two instances here put you off.

WRONG THREAD!!!

Stick to the engine in question don't move the goal posts to suit your preferences!!!

WRONG THREAD!!!

Stick to the engine in question don't move the goal posts to suit your preferences!!!
I'm sorry, I must disagree. I asked the question in THIS thread. Roger posted his answer. No goal posts have been moved.

The Brembo two piece front disc fits perfectly.

DSC_0379.jpg

The old disc had an obvious lip and was a little corrugated on the surface.

DSC_0378.jpg

The disc was measured to a thickness of 34.80mm which equates to 1.2mm wear from new and = 0.6mm per side of the disc.

Max wear @ 1.5mm per side, so the disc was worn less than 50% !

All the pistons moved freely.

DSC_0380.jpg

Brake pads were there or there about with the wear sensor just getting touched.
Old vs New.

DSC_0383.jpg

The Brembo two piece front disc fits perfectly.

View attachment 106148

The old disc had an obvious lip and was a little corrugated on the surface.

View attachment 106149

The disc was measured to a thickness of 34.80mm which equates to 1.2mm wear from new and = 0.6mm per side of the disc.

Max wear @ 1.5mm per side, so the disc was worn less than 50% !

All the pistons moved freely.

View attachment 106150

Brake pads were there or there about with the wear sensor just getting touched.
Old vs New.

View attachment 106151
Not sure if this is a facelift vs. pre-facelift thing, but my 2011 6.2 E63 wagon came with two-piece discs :cool:

Not sure if this is a facelift vs. pre-facelift thing, but my 2011 6.2 E63 wagon came with two-piece discs :cool:

Oh no!!! You cant mention that particular engine on this thread!!! "According to some" You will get ridiculed now!!! You've blown your credibility now with other members 😀. Throw him to the wolves!!!

Fair play OP for the enthusiastic work you have put to your car. 👍

Oh no!!! You cant mention that particular engine on this thread!!! "According to some" You will get ridiculed now!!! You've blown your credibility now with other members 😀. Throw him to the wolves!!!

Why don't you shut the F**K UP. You are now starting to P**S me off :mad:

New discs look great, something about floating rotors that is very race-car.

Very interesting thread, OP, thanks; unfortunately it just seems to reinforce my view of some main dealers.

There are good ones out there but you're very reliant on the individual technician doing the work and, as I'm old-school, I like to be 'allowed' to talk with the person who is actually doing the work, not hearing it third-hand.

Anyhow, keep up the good work :)

Only starting to fu.k you off, 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sorry Boss, to make you feel like this 🤷

corrected that for you

What exactly have I done to f.ck you all off?

I have a passion for my cars maybe more than other members!!!

Would it help if I never mention the M156 again?

Saying Goodbye 🖐🖐🖐🖐 would be appropriate :thumb:

So sorry the boss man I so sorry to make you feel so angry lol 🤣🤣🤣🤣 grow up you big Bollox!!!!

This is a fascinating thread, Hakon and the E63 is beautiful in hyacinth red. I love your cynicism and hands-on approach... a non-mechanical enthusiast getting hands on with an M157? Where do you get access to the WIS?

I too travel with a couple of jerry cans in the boots - one 20L Wavian (which is a little unwieldy when full tbh) and a 10L plastic UN-spec item. It helps us cover lots of ground with max convenience in one hit.

My experience with Brooklands has been good for parts but for diagnostics... I asked them to assess whether my car is sitting level on airmatic and they told me that I needed new front air bellows! I showed them the paper work from the previous owner that the item had been replaced just the previous year and they choked and mentioned a warranty claim. Speaking to a technical 'translator' is a joke for a car enthusiast that enjoys their vehicle being tiptop without having their wotsits tickled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom