E63 Detailed and Gtechniq Crystal Serum ceramic coating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShaunB

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W213 Designo Hyacinth E63
I had the car professionally detailed, paint correction, crystal serum ceramic coating, plus Exo.
It was done by PMG Autocare in Belfast for all you locals. Very nice and down to earth guy.
Gave me a list of possible options after asking about my about my cleaning regime, and then explained the differences.
What I chose comes with a 5 year guarantee also, just needs a free check up every 12 months.

Really pleased how it turned out.

IMG-20190524-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20190524-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20190524-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20190524-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20190524-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20190524-WA0009.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice good decision!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Thanks, was a bit sceptical about ceramic coating, but having seen the final results, I'm converted

What happened to the W212 E63?

Great colour!, nice job and enjoy the long term easy washing that Gtechniq offers.
Hopefully the detailer has given you some advice on how to maintain the car post-detail.

cheers,

Chris

What happened to the W212 E63?
It's now for sale in the Manchester area. Mercedes of Manchester central took it in part ex, but they've farmed it out to a trader

It's now for sale in the Manchester area. Mercedes of Manchester central took it in part ex, but they've farmed it out to a trader
Got a link to the ad pal?

Looks great. Like the red.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Great colour!, nice job and enjoy the long term easy washing that Gtechniq offers.
Hopefully the detailer has given you some advice on how to maintain the car post-detail.

cheers,

Chris

How is the washing any easier?

I had the car professionally detailed, paint correction, crystal serum ceramic coating, plus Exo.
It was done by PMG Autocare in Belfast for all you locals. Very nice and down to earth guy.
Gave me a list of possible options after asking about my about my cleaning regime, and then explained the differences.
What I chose comes with a 5 year guarantee also, just needs a free check up every 12 months.

Really pleased how it turned out.

IMG-20190524-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20190524-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20190524-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20190524-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20190524-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20190524-WA0009.jpg
Looks nice - pity that photobucket have plastered their logo over everything. I have a PB account but will be moving away. Didn't realise that they had started this nonsense.

Looks nice - pity that photobucket have plastered their logo over everything. I have a PB account but will be moving away. Didn't realise that they had started this nonsense.
No logo here you must be viewing through photo bucket??

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Having had a car with Gtechniq Crystal Serum applied, it leaves a very slick surface that stays that way for a couple of years and I can vouch that dirt just doesn't stick to it. It's quite extraordinary the difference it makes to washing the car.

Having had a car with Gtechniq Crystal Serum applied, it leaves a very slick surface that stays that way for a couple of years and I can vouch that dirt just doesn't stick to it. It's quite extraordinary the difference it makes to washing the car.

As Phil mentioned, having a coating applied means the paint is super slick so will stay cleaner for longer (a bit like a teflon pan) but will make washing so much quicker and easier, not just for a month or two but for years.

Crystal Serum Ultra is the hard base layer so following recognised safe wash techniques should see the car stay pretty much defect free for a few years. Any light wash marring that may be picked up is in theory in the coating so is easy to machine polish out.
The EXOv4 is superhydrophobic so not only adding to the slickness of the surface but water hates sitting on it thus staying cleaner for longer and aiding easy washing, this should last between 18-24mths before it is recommended that the car is deep cleaned, decontaminated and another 2 layers of EXO are reapplied.

cheers,

Chris

So if dirt doesn't stick -- no washing needed?

@SummitDetailing ...... Being pedantic - do you still have to get out the pressure washer, two buckets, wash mitt, shampoo etc etc ----if the answer is yes, then how is washing easier?

I hear what the guys say about it (possibly) staying cleaner but washing is still a PITA and I cannot see how it would be easier to wash. Even the glass windows on a car get dirty pretty quickly so not sure how ceramic would be any different to my windows......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom