E63 estate. 6.3 or 5.5?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seven

Car
Transporter Kombi
I've been AMG less for 2 1/2 years now and it's beginning to hurt. Previous was a 2012 C63.
Been looking at facelift 5.5's and have driven a new one at a dealership and was impressed. However at the moment what I would want is c.8k more than I want to pay at around 35/38k.
I'm getting impatient waiting for nicely specced facelift versions to drop to around 30. In fact prices seem to have stabilised a little.
I've seen 2010/11 plate 6.3's at around 26/27k and am getting very tempted now.
Would I be disappointed? I loved my C class with its 460 bhp and the E class is 525 if my memory serves me correctly. I absolutely need an estate.

It's funny. I never ever look on eBay for cars!
Must have some sort of mental block about it I suppose, that and not getting what the picture shows.
Thanks mate!

And first ones a saloon!!

Seen that one. Been for sale for a while. Poor spec holds it back.

Hold out for a facelift Biturbo or even an early Biturbo if it has to be.

As good as the M156 is the M157 is the pick for me now.

If you can stretch to the newer model then do it. Ultimately you get a better cockpit and I would say a superior engine.

I've been AMG less for 2 1/2 years now and it's beginning to hurt. Previous was a 2012 C63.
Been looking at facelift 5.5's and have driven a new one at a dealership and was impressed. However at the moment what I would want is c.8k more than I want to pay at around 35/38k.
I'm getting impatient waiting for nicely specced facelift versions to drop to around 30. In fact prices seem to have stabilised a little.
I've seen 2010/11 plate 6.3's at around 26/27k and am getting very tempted now.
Would I be disappointed? I loved my C class with its 460 bhp and the E class is 525 if my memory serves me correctly. I absolutely need an estate.
Wait for a biturbo facelift I've had mine 3 weeks now and I adour it ,having had c63,s ,cls55 and many many other cars including rs7,997 Porsche turbo ,the E63 is definitely at the top of my list....epic car

I've got a e55k, and i've been in a e63 5.5 bi-turbo, And that was just pure speeeeed lol

Personally I prefer the E63 6.2 naturally aspirated over the later bi turbo. I own a 60 plate and despite looking at newer models apart from not being a fan of turbo charged engines I find the pre face lift E63 estate more elegant and at around 25K that's little money for one of the best Mercedes engines of all time. I can see them becoming more sought after over the 5.5

Last edited:
Bi turbo for me too . Had the 6.2 C Class myself , and IMO .... this is better .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seem to be dropping a grand a week at the minute, I can remember not too long ago you wouldn't see one for less than £35k, now there's a good selection.
Mercedes Benz E63 Estate AMG BI-TURBO MY2014 557BHP! | eBay

Good find ! Amazing car for the money ! I feel for anyone who bought one new a few years ago for close to 90k !

They are incredible cars, really cannot understand why they depreciate so fast :(

Good find ! Amazing car for the money ! I feel for anyone who bought one new a few years ago for close to 90k !

They are incredible cars, really cannot understand why they depreciate so fast :(
Maybe they're dropping because the new model is on the way

I actually think they are firming up a little recently as there aren't many for sale at the moment and the new car deliveries haven't even started yet and they're a minimum of £83k. There's a big gap between the £35-£40k cars and the £80k+ new ones.

Could be a good buy at the price. Not a great spec, but not poverty either. If the brakes and tyres are in good shape and the paint's ok, then it's nothing to sniff at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom