E63 estate advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

saddy

Car
E63 estate 2019
Looking at a E63 estate 4matic. Not sure if I’m really fussed between being an S or not. Should I be?

Seen one at MB Norwich in Hyacinth Red. Not seen the colour before. Any opinions?

Car looks great spec. I love the light interiors too and can’t see anything else on the market under £60k with that.

Coming from a C63 2016 estate. Also considering the RS6 but won’t mention that too loudly in here.

Any advice welcome 🙏

I love the hyacinth. Light interior not so much, but everything is personal. The E is a superb machine. Much more traction than the C when you want it. Fewer rattles too.

Looks like a nice car and is as good a spec as you are likely to find - Premium Plus and on top of this, HUD, Driving Assistance Plus, Night Package and the larger wheels. The designo paint also adds £750 to the price. In fact, is the exact same spec as my own car which I have now had for a month - mine is diamond white with black interior and a 2018 (MY 2019) with a few more miles on the clock.

Is a car that came up in my own searches and would have been more my preference with the light interior. Was outside my budget though and I believe that they have lopped 1K or so off the price since then. If you go and see it glistening on a bright sunny day, I am sure you will fall for it. That's assuming you head isn't turned by another marque ;)

Seems 99.5% of the world prefer a black interior, and having set my sights on an alternative, I ended up having to make a speedy decision on a car that ticked many other boxes. . It's also interesting trying to find reviews of 'non S' models as there seems to be a blanket bias by the car press, youtubers etc. towards the S version (now the only version available from new).

Still getting familiar with mine, coming from an S212 E350 CDI. Then there is lockdown, full-time working from home and still nowhere to really go. Looks impressive on the driveway though!

I love the hyacinth. Light interior not so much, but everything is personal. The E is a superb machine. Much more traction than the C when you want it. Fewer rattles too.
Thanks. I can’t decide on the hyacinth and unfortunately it’s a 400 mile round trip. Like you say it’s personal. Interior I’m clearly in the minority as nearly all black.

Does the S even come with an option to not have the black seats? As have seen none.

Looks like a nice car and is as good a spec as you are likely to find - Premium Plus and on top of this, HUD, Driving Assistance Plus, Night Package and the larger wheels. The designo paint also adds £750 to the price. In fact, is the exact same spec as my own car which I have now had for a month - mine is diamond white with black interior and a 2018 (MY 2019) with a few more miles on the clock.

Is a car that came up in my own searches and would have been more my preference with the light interior. Was outside my budget though and I believe that they have lopped 1K or so off the price since then. If you go and see it glistening on a bright sunny day, I am sure you will fall for it. That's assuming you head isn't turned by another marque ;)

Seems 99.5% of the world prefer a black interior, and having set my sights on an alternative, I ended up having to make a speedy decision on a car that ticked many other boxes. . It's also interesting trying to find reviews of 'non S' models as there seems to be a blanket bias by the car press, youtubers etc. towards the S version (now the only version available from new).

Still getting familiar with mine, coming from an S212 E350 CDI. Then there is lockdown, full-time working from home and still nowhere to really go. Looks impressive on the driveway though!
Thanks. Yeh the black interior is clearly the common choice but just not for me. Spec does seem very good.
I agree the reviews on the non S are rare .
The interior of this looks a massive step up on the C class and also the Audi tbh

I was tempted to have a good look at this one too, I know a salesman in another of their group dealerships as bought a car from there a while back. Again a long drive for me and tbh, just a tad over my budget. It’ll be £10k less next year should it not sell...

Hyacinth and a light grey interior is a lovely combination.

I have light grey in my Obsidian Black E63 and wouldn't change it for a black interior .

Hyacinth and a light grey interior is a lovely combination.

I have light grey in my Obsidian Black E63 and wouldn't change it for a black interior .
Thanks, Love the obsidian black, that was colour of my C63 but fancy non black this time.
Is yours an S? Do you think worth the difference?

Looking at a E63 estate 4matic. Not sure if I’m really fussed between being an S or not. Should I be?

Seen one at MB Norwich in Hyacinth Red. Not seen the colour before. Any opinions?

Car looks great spec. I love the light interiors too and can’t see anything else on the market under £60k with that.

Coming from a C63 2016 estate. Also considering the RS6 but won’t mention that too loudly in here.

Any advice welcome 🙏
Hyacinth is a beautiful colour, although I may be a bit biased.
The colour does appear to change dependant on the light too.

Is the S model really worth the additional premium, I'm not so sure it is.
Make sure its got the performance exhaust, and for me the 360 degree camera is a must.

Thanks, Love the obsidian black, that was colour of my C63 but fancy non black this time.
Is yours an S? Do you think worth the difference?

Mine is a non S W212 so not really the car you are looking for.
As for whether the S is worth the extra premium? I'm with ShaunB above.
It will hold its value a little more, but whether its worth the extra is open to debate.

Also agree with Shaun that the 360 camera and performance exhaust are must haves.

Mine is a non S W212 so not really the car you are looking for.
As for whether the S is worth the extra premium? I'm with ShaunB above.
It will hold its value a little more, but whether its worth the extra is open to debate.

Also agree with Shaun that the 360 camera and performance exhaust are must haves.
Thanks Both.

This seems a really good spec with options including;
Performance exhaust
360 Camera
Head up display
Night pack
20” alloys
Drivers assistance plus pack

I’ve managed to negotiate some discount and placed a holding deposit. I'm off to “view” it at the weekend..

Hopefully this gives you an idea on what I mean about the colour shade changeScreenshot_20210419-192518_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Mine are the 20 inch cross spoke AMG alloys.

^ Congrats. Looks a beauty.
Health to enjoy:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom