E63 first timer

GordonTarling

MB Enthusiast
Car
2007 E63 AMG V8 Estate
Sorry, don't know that particular car, but I did buy a similar one 3 years ago. Price of the one you show seems a little high, so have a good look around before you buy. Take a serious look at the renowned head bolt problem before you buy and check the engine isn't in the affected range - it's an expensive job to fix. Servicing is all important, so ensure service history is good. It's a fab car and brings a smile to my face every time I drive it. :D

jimjamiejames

Car
S211 e350, daimler sovereign custom project
That car was up for sale a year ago for £12750. Presumably the current owner is trying to recoup money they put into it. I think it's a bit expensive and not a very good spec but I'm by no means an expert. I've Only just started looking at the market this year as I'm after an E63 too although looking at a s212 now. I don't like how the advert is written either but that's just personal not about the car.

OP
OP
Singh82

Singh82

Car
Vw Corrado
That car was up for sale a year ago for £12750. Presumably the current owner is trying to recoup money they put into it. I think it's a bit expensive and not a very good spec but I'm by no means an expert. I've Only just started looking at the market this year as I'm after an E63 too although looking at a s212 now. I don't like how the advert is written either but that's just personal not about the car.
Thank you, that's really useful to know. I just missed out on really well specd e55. The search continues

jimjamiejames

Car

Wearsthefoxhat

Car
SL500 : R129. /. E55k : S211
OP
OP
Singh82

Singh82

Car
Vw Corrado
Yep, this one's been on for a while, and mentioned in other threads, there seems to be some hesitation with it. A friend and fellow Mb enthusiast keeps warning me away from the 80k mark as apparently this is when serious money is require to be poured in

jimjamiejames

Car
Yep, this one's been on for a while, and mentioned in other threads, there seems to be some hesitation with it. A friend and fellow Mb enthusiast keeps warning me away from the 80k mark as apparently this is when serious money is require to be poured in
I don't know any details about that specific car but I dunno how much you can rely on a hard and fast rule like 80k. I think you've gotta judge each car on its own merits and low miles isn't everything imo. Good luck with your search. It's really frustrating waiting for cars to come up for sale.

Alps

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55 2004 Silver(SOLD), E63 Weistec AMG(SOLD), E55 2004 Silver(SOLD), C36 AMG 1997 (SOLD)
Personally id wait a while till the restrictions ease, it seems the sellers aren't selling because of it, there seems to be a real decline of cars on the market at the moment and the ones that are there have a premium. good luck with the search.

MrGreedy

Car
w212 E350 CDI 125th Anniversary Edition
The conclusion with that C63 near Maidstone (from the details you can ascertain online) are that it's very low owners and probably good condition, but doesn't have all the toys. Depends how important the toys are to you.
The car does seem to have been used regularly by the dealer to keep it in good working order.

Of course the real test is viewing and driving in person.

OP
OP
Singh82

Singh82

Car
Vw Corrado
Personally id wait a while till the restrictions ease, it seems the sellers aren't selling because of it, there seems to be a real decline of cars on the market at the moment and the ones that are there have a premium. good luck with the search.
Good point. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom