E63 first timer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry, don't know that particular car, but I did buy a similar one 3 years ago. Price of the one you show seems a little high, so have a good look around before you buy. Take a serious look at the renowned head bolt problem before you buy and check the engine isn't in the affected range - it's an expensive job to fix. Servicing is all important, so ensure service history is good. It's a fab car and brings a smile to my face every time I drive it. :D

That car was up for sale a year ago for £12750. Presumably the current owner is trying to recoup money they put into it. I think it's a bit expensive and not a very good spec but I'm by no means an expert. I've Only just started looking at the market this year as I'm after an E63 too although looking at a s212 now. I don't like how the advert is written either but that's just personal not about the car.

That car was up for sale a year ago for £12750. Presumably the current owner is trying to recoup money they put into it. I think it's a bit expensive and not a very good spec but I'm by no means an expert. I've Only just started looking at the market this year as I'm after an E63 too although looking at a s212 now. I don't like how the advert is written either but that's just personal not about the car.
Thank you, that's really useful to know. I just missed out on really well specd e55. The search continues

Yep, this one's been on for a while, and mentioned in other threads, there seems to be some hesitation with it. A friend and fellow Mb enthusiast keeps warning me away from the 80k mark as apparently this is when serious money is require to be poured in

Yep, this one's been on for a while, and mentioned in other threads, there seems to be some hesitation with it. A friend and fellow Mb enthusiast keeps warning me away from the 80k mark as apparently this is when serious money is require to be poured in
I don't know any details about that specific car but I dunno how much you can rely on a hard and fast rule like 80k. I think you've gotta judge each car on its own merits and low miles isn't everything imo. Good luck with your search. It's really frustrating waiting for cars to come up for sale.

Personally id wait a while till the restrictions ease, it seems the sellers aren't selling because of it, there seems to be a real decline of cars on the market at the moment and the ones that are there have a premium. good luck with the search.

The conclusion with that C63 near Maidstone (from the details you can ascertain online) are that it's very low owners and probably good condition, but doesn't have all the toys. Depends how important the toys are to you.
The car does seem to have been used regularly by the dealer to keep it in good working order.

Of course the real test is viewing and driving in person.

Personally id wait a while till the restrictions ease, it seems the sellers aren't selling because of it, there seems to be a real decline of cars on the market at the moment and the ones that are there have a premium. good luck with the search.
Good point. 👍

^Silly money for an 07 car.
That amount would buy a decent 13/14 plate E63 Biturbo or have some spare cash after buying a W212 E63 n/a

^Silly money for an 07 car.
That amount would buy a decent 13/14 plate E63 Biturbo or have some spare cash after buying a W212 E63 n/a
Good shout btw! definately too much money! No doubt this guy is a seasoned dealer, although is probably more accustom to selling shiny cars to people who dont ask questions and have plenty of cash! Went to see this today - I requested ahead that I'll be bringing someone more well versed with these cars along (meeting me there, covid rules n all!) which he was fine with, he welcomed any inspection. Asked we could have a cold start, again agreed. Turned up and car was roaring hot, wouldnt really go into details about history, didnt like the fact someone was inspecting the car in slight detailed, upon finding the rear O/S panel had been sprayed and bumper lines out we asked if it had been in an accident - upon which point we were told to 'go back to where we'd come from' :), nice sunny drive out to oxford though & helped me settle that I need to go for a newer car! Based on my friends assessment, and general behaviour of seller, I'd avoid this car.

If a seller gets stroppy with you when you ask about accidents or any other questions, time to walk, while the money is in your pocket you are in control.

What is your budget? Estate, saloon? Must have's, colour preference?

What is your budget? Estate, saloon? Must have's, colour preference?
20k-ish. Estate, black ideally, but will consider others. Not too hung up on spec tbh, it's a solid history and engine I'm after, something I can enjoy, maintain and tell a story/ pass on to the next enthusiastic MB owner

Worth a look? Slightly over budget but estates are not thick on the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom