E63 going to Auction no,no,no!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Optimus prime

Car
car
Guys help,

It would appear that the deal I have done on my E63 with a dealer means that the car will go to auction:eek:

This I am totally unhappy about so if anyone can match the deal Of £27,300 by Tuesday then they can drive away with it. I would really like it to go to someone who will appreciate it :thumb:

My details are in the classified section

Someone must want this:confused::confused::confused::confused:

If you were happy with the price, why does it's destination matter?

It's not as if the auctioneer is the child catcher :dk:.

I'm sure whoever buys it further down the line WILL appreciate it - it's not exactly a frivolous purchase at around 12mpg (when driven correctly).

Last edited:
I suppose it will sting a bit when it's spotted on a dealer forecourt stickered up at £35k?

The car did not appeal to me at any price, so maybe that's why it's going to auction? :eek:

I am not crazy about tinted windows. :cool:

I suppose it will sting a bit when it's spotted on a dealer forecourt stickered up at £35k?

Exactly it's a rare car ready to go £2,700 under auto trader cars. Needs nothing but a new home. If you knew me you would understand I keep all my cars perfect so why not let a private buyer appreciate it rather than a dealer make money on it???

It's gone....sold.......away.............forgotten..............

Unless you bid for it at auction and make a few pennies ;)

This helps you in absolutely no way but if it was a hearse I'd have bought it off you.

The car did not appeal to me at any price, so maybe that's why it's going to auction? :eek:

I am not crazy about tinted windows. :cool:

Factory tints that come with the carbon pack, you look at any E63 W212 with carbon and they have tints including the bi turbo

Maybe time to head off to the Auction and get myself a bargain Peter :)

I doubt it the starting price will be around £27,750 I guess so no bargain

Exactly it's a rare car ready to go £2,700 under auto trader cars. Needs nothing but a new home. If you knew me you would understand I keep all my cars perfect so why not let a private buyer appreciate it rather than a dealer make money on it???

Agreed, that's why I made my comment.

However, the dealer could easily spend the £2700 on prep, warranty and other issues that the new buyer identifies.

The system isn't great though, I hate part exchanging my cars.

If you were happy with the price, why does it's destination matter?

It's not as if the auctioneer is the child catcher :dk:.

I'm sure whoever buys it further down the line WILL appreciate it - it's not exactly a frivolous purchase at around 12mpg (when driven correctly).

If I wasn't happy I would of walked away, your all missing the point or perhaps have too much cash to care? Everyone moans about dealers & how they sometimes profit & this is an idea example, the car is worth around 30K on a forecourt so why give them easy money? Unless you don't care ??

Agreed, that's why I made my comment.

However, the dealer could easily spend the £2700 on prep, warranty and other issues that the new buyer identifies.

The system isn't great though, I hate part exchanging my cars.

The car doesn't need prep or warranty as its transferrable & valid upto 02/16 same as the MOT.

Other than a wash & wax maybe...surely that doesn't cost £2,700:eek:

Truth is for most people the protection of buying from a dealer is worth the £2,700. Rather than buying private and having little to no protection.

Im not saying the car isnt 100%, Im sure it is and it looks great. Just I know how peoples minds work especially in the post 25k price bracket.

I'm on your side OP as I know that love for a car all too well, but why do you begrudge a car dealer earning some money, quick or otherwise?

As said, who ever buys that car will probably be stretching their finances to get it on their drive and they'll be throwing half of a perfectly good loaf in the bin to give them an excuse to go out in it, and looking back at it as they walk away gleaming.

The dealership is just an interim, I don't understand the issue.

Oh dear Optimus, I too would be upset to let the car go to an auction. I am surprised that there is no genuine interest to buy your car privately...

OP, applaud you for caring over fellow members.

Your car was tempting but I need a facelift plus it "has" to be black or blue.

Truth is for most people the protection of buying from a dealer is worth the £2,700. Rather than buying private and having little to no protection.

Im not saying the car isnt 100%, Im sure it is and it looks great. Just I know how peoples minds work especially in the post 25k price bracket.

I think its more to do with finance. As most peeps finance cars, many people can only finance through a dealer and not private.

I think its more to do with finance. As most peeps finance cars, many people can only finance through a dealer and not private.

Could well be, I make a point of never doing finance for a car. Not knocking it just not for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom