E63 gone to a good home.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fudger

Car
Awaiting delivery
After 2 years of happy motoring in the E63, it has now gone to a good home. Circumstances have changed and given that I do a max of 6k miles per annum, I took the decision that depreciation was too great for such a low mileage. Without any doubt, it has been the best car I have ever owned.

Just for info, I now have a set of hardly used winter tyres which will be perfect for one of you W212 E63 owners; PM me if interested.

So, I have been looking at W124's recently and although I have seen a few, I have not quite found the right combination of colour v spec v condition. If anyone is thinking of parting with their's, I am a cash buyer :)

Interesting thoughts on selling the e63 because you're not doing many miles in it. I bought a low mileage E55 because I don't do many miles, and I was hoping that it wouldn't lose too much of its value because I do less than 2000 miles per year (I have a motorbike and we have a "sensible" family car)

Good to hear it went to a good home

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I hear you but I sold for £34k and its losing at least £6k per annum. I would consider an E55 AMG as they are now starting to appreciate in value. No doubt the same will happen to the E63 at some point in the future.

Depreciation is an easy one. Don't sell and it won't lose anything and will always be a £80k car.

We don't make it any easier for you Fudger. I know ;-)

I hear you but I sold for £34k and its losing at least £6k per annum. I would consider an E55 AMG as they are now starting to appreciate in value. No doubt the same will happen to the E63 at some point in the future.
Oh oops! I thought you had an older e63 rather than one of the new ones

I got an E55 recently and have been really pleased with it

similar situation sold my e55 w211 after 5 years and only 10,000 miles.... I only bought the w212 e63 because again its purely just a 2nd car and envisage mileage will probably on par with what I done in my previous car....its on 43,000 miles.looking at the depreciation of the E63; its quite shocking to be honest at how much it loses if just a couple of years but make great second-hand buys at the moment... I would seriously consider changing again in 4-5 years but by then electric vehicles may be the thing to switch to

I would seriously consider changing again in 4-5 years but by then electric vehicles may be the thing to switch to

One of the reasons I went for the e55 was I was worried that the future will be us driven around by robots in recycled vegan electric cars - I need to have my fun whilst I still can!

After 2 years of happy motoring in the E63, it has now gone to a good home. Circumstances have changed and given that I do a max of 6k miles per annum, I took the decision that depreciation was too great for such a low mileage. Without any doubt, it has been the best car I have ever owned.

Just for info, I now have a set of hardly used winter tyres which will be perfect for one of you W212 E63 owners; PM me if interested.

So, I have been looking at W124's recently and although I have seen a few, I have not quite found the right combination of colour v spec v condition. If anyone is thinking of parting with their's, I am a cash buyer :)

Can't see how to pm you, interested but again I couldn't reply to you in the FS section..

Assuming £34K was for a ~2015 car not sure if its close to bottoming out at approx. £30K - the scenario around the latest E63 4 matic has 2 polar possible effects - no one is buying it so 212 will hold its value, or new ones are losing £30,000 in the first year it might just push 'ours' lower again!

30K in the first year is mad, but does seem to be the norm.
I bought my car when it was about 30 months old for 50K less than list price, 50K - you'd feel bloody sick!

30K in the first year is mad, but does seem to be the norm.
I bought my car when it was about 30 months old for 50K less than list price, 50K - you'd feel bloody sick!

Yeah, probably near 50K on the full specced E63S 4 matic over 2 years...(Nearer £60K on the mental priced near £120K EDITION 1's)

Certainly mine was nearly £40K less after 18months and 12,000 miles

Certainly a target of mine if they sort the glitches out....

RennTech remap....first purchase...lol

Initial depreciation on W212 E63 was ruinous, especially if it was heavily optioned. I bought my first one at 17 months old from a main dealer for £56k less than its original list price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, new car depreciation after the first year is always hideous on a V8 for any make, not just Mercedes!

my plan is to wait for the w213 to depreciate and then get one!
I know i might have to wait around two years for that to happen!

when do we think the wave of w213 e63s are going to appear on the second hard market? 2020? I reckon that'll be what i replace my w204 c63 with, so need to start saving now :(

I think your right 2020/2021.

Phil - what was the list price at the time? I know it’s quite easy to spec up £10k+ in options pretty easily on most higher end Mercedes cars!

Anyone got any links to sales brochures or specifications etc for the 212 E63?

Fudger - pleased to hear you sold it to a good home. Are they on the forum? I’m pretty sure I recognised it (the plate) around locally?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom